Undecided

twilightpumpkin

Hi everyone this post sounds very woe is me i just really need some advice. Ive had issues with food for a long time when i was 16 i became bulimic this will never leave me i go through different phases im nowhere near as bad as what i used to be. Ive been back to doctors for some help today. At 16 my weight was 10 stone then at 19 i had twins and went up to around 15 stone then i lost all this which im ashamed to say through my eating disorder and got back to ten stone. I then followed weight watchers and got to 8 stone 10. But this was unrealistic for me to maintain and went back up to ten stone. Then when i was 23 ive gone from 11 stone to 12 to 13 to 14 i did slimming world on my own in 2013 and got to 11 stone 5. Then last year i dont know what went wrong i put on the usual weight at christmas and then basically throughout the year i faffed about with loads of diets swapping and changing on a daily basis yes daily because i couldnt stick to anything and now here i am 27 and 16 stone the biggest ive ever been and just a very unhappy person. Again ive let january go by without losing anything. The reason im on here is because i dont have the willpower i have when i was younger to live on really restrictive diets ive just bought 3 tubs of slim fast on offer and dont know why. I want to do slimming world but worry because people seem to be eating lots less than what i would be i could easily use a 500g pack of pasta in one day for myself. Do i try slimming world again or just to be honest i dont know im a at total loss and if anyone could please give me advice it would mean a hell of alot thanks for reading my moaning rant ♥

I think sw is the least restrictive of them all which is why I'm doing it. You would just need to fill up on free foods, which pasta is one, and take it slowly. Have realistic expectations of a healthy rate of weight loss, don't get put off by a staying the same or a gain. Was sw the one you stuck at the longest? It works for you as you've lost on it before.
Have you had counselling for your ed?
You've taken a big and brave step sharing. Be proud!

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply ive probably stuck to weight watchers old plan the longest but that was when i was 21 and i thought i was fat at ten stone and i was desperate to be thinner i dont think like that now and dont have the same willpower to eat a small amount of food day in and day out which is what id have to do i stuck to slimming world for about 2 months not always 100% and lost just over a stone but now when i same to do the plan i cant seem to not eat loads of carbs and i know its free food but when i look at other peoples portions mine are huge. In a way the control is down to your own hunger but the problem is after years of bingeing i dont have that sort of control and have huge portions and think can i lose on this but i need to do something so far this year ive tried slimming world weight waters 5:2 diet and slimfast and never lasted more than a day which is embarrasing and makes me feel ashamed i just cant seem to make a decision. Ive seen counsellors on and off problem is when i was 16 there wasnt much support so sort of tried to get on as best as i could but my first step is to lose this weight because its making me so unhappy Xx

I would suggest trying it on the portion sizes you want and see what happens. Want a snack, have free foods like an omelette, fruit, pasta etc. Some people eat loads and still loose. That's the joy of sw, no portion control. It's about eating the right foods and not denying yourself.

Have you had a mooch around the food and weight loss diaries and the recipe board for ideas?

And don't feel ashamed! Not all diets are gonna work for everyone. Sw is more a health eating plan than a diet which is why losses are probably slower than other plans as it's healthier.

Definitely don't feel ashamed. I've been on every diet known to man... More than once in most cases...

Slimming world have their new plan which may help you as it makes it harder to overeat on carbs.

Some people say that after a few weeks on slimming world you stop wanting to eat everything in the world and are more able to eat to appetite.

Only you can decide if you're in the right place for slimming world at the moment. Or weight watchers, or any diet.

The only thing I've learned over the last month is that the faster I try and lose weight, the more I end up bingeing, so I'm taking it a bit more steadily.

Good luck, whatever you decide :)

The first time i did slimming world i was more relaxed and didnt stress too much about portion size but doesnt seem to come as naturally at the moment i dont really know what to do its the first thing on my mind as soon as i wake up i wish i could just not diet but for some reason if im not following something i panick even though really i havent followed anything for over a year my mind is definately a crazy place to be .Diet ninja i am excactly the same i keep trying to do diets to lose it quicker because ideally i wanted to set a goal date round 29th of october for my birthday and now theres family meal coming up end of april for my great nans 90th and feel like i need to be thin for that and when i think even if i lose a couple a stone i wont be happy which i know i shouldnt think like that. Theres family there who are total snobs i havent seen for years and they look down there noses at us and dont want them judging me on my size xxx

I feel your pain.....and much like you, I know what I weighed at certain times in my life because my weight and dieting has dominated my life. I'm older now, 46 and though I still worry about my weight, it's less so now. Surprisingly, I've never actually had an eating disorder as such, unless you count constant diet hopping and letting my weight rule how I feel every day of my life.
The only way to deal with it sadly, is to do something about it......which you have done by posting on here!
Give SW a go again with its unlimited free foods......fill up on as much as you need. If you lost weight on it before, there's no reason why it won't work for you again. Eat what you are allowed in the quantity that you feel you need. It's a start and better than the alternative. If you have a bad day, just try to write it off and start afresh the next day....we all do it, each and every one of us, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
Keep coming on here, it's quite motivational, even if just to read. It sometimes helps to know you aren't the only one going through this.
There really aren't any quick fixes but even taking the first step will put you in a more positive frame of mind, I'm sure.
Good luck x

Hi Hun - just a quick one.. Don't worry about how much or little other people eat, concentrate on you, if you want pasta have pasta, it's on the plan, just chuck in some veg and tuck in.

Good luck xx

Hi there my lovely.

Firstly, awesome advice above, these ladies know what they are talking about.

Secondly , I know it easier to say than do, but please stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Instead of thinking 'I need to be thin' try thinking, ' I want to be healthier'. Instead of giving yourself deadlines, give yourself little mini targets. A stone , or half a stone at a time.

Go to class. It will help.

If you find you need to immerse yourself in this in order for it to be successful, there's nothing wrong with thateither. I also wake up thinking about what my food for the day will be and go to bed planning my next days meals. This is not a bad thing, it's good preparation.

I honestly think you would benefit from some cognitive behavioural therapy darling, maybe have a chats with your gp about this.

You have beaten yourself up about your weight for so long now you don't know how to love yourself. You are a mummy, a woman and a brave lady to spill your guts to us lot, and we are all here for any support you need xxx

Good for you hun!

Just take it as it comes and try not to be hard on yourself. Take it slowly and you'll be fine I'm sure. Make sure you keep us updated and holler for moral support x

Good for you for giving SW a go again. I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion about thinking of it as getting healthier rather than must be thinner. SW is not boom or bust . It is a plan you can follow forever to be the best YOU that you can be whatever you weight. If you feel you may benefit from help with your ED have you considered hypnotherapy? This could help you let go of old values and ideals that are no longer serving you. X

Hiya im doing ok at the moment ill know more on my first weigh in tuesday there has been a few days where i havent had a 1/3 superfree which i now should make sure i do. Im just happy to be on plan at the moment but also will be happy to get through a weekend x

Hiya im doing ok at the moment ill know more on my first weigh in tuesday there has been a few days where i havent had a 1/3 superfree which i now should make sure i do. Im just happy to be on plan at the moment but also will be happy to get through a weekend x

Weekends are harder aren't they.

I find Friday nights difficult as I just want to end the week with a good munch and tv session lol.

Now I have a brew and a hifi bar instead

Best of luck for the rest of your week xxx

Weekends are the hardest for me too as during the week when at work, I can only eat what I take with me. At the weekend, the temptation to go out for lunch on Saturday is too much!

I've just been thrown a clementine by my hubs as I keep saying I want some chocolate lol

Well done for sticking with it hun, even if you haven't got the superfree quite right yet you are making leaps and bounds in terms of progress! If you haven't lasted more than a day on the other diets you've tried, then you are already doing an amazing job! Don't stress too much over the weekend, just carry on doing what you're doing, fill up on lots of superfree and free carbs and proteins and enjoy your syns :)

Last edited:
Back