Underactive thyroid - do i need thyroxine increase?

TickleKate

Hi guys
Hoping someone with knowledge can help me! I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid in february, started on only 25mcg thyroxine, had repeat blood test 8 weeks later and levels were steady and remained on same dosage. Im due a repeat blood test in August. This past week ive felt really fatigued again (like i did before diagnosis) and my weight loss has completely stalled.

Could it be i need an increase possibly? Im very tired but have a 10 month old who is up and down all night, have had a cold etc etc. Can cope with the tiredness, its the weight loss stopping thats hurting :eek: and i dont want to keep running to the docs every time i *think* i may need an increase.

Any advice from a hypothyroid veteran much appreiciated
thanks, Katy x

TickleKate said:
Hi guys
Hoping someone with knowledge can help me! I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid in february, started on only 25mcg thyroxine, had repeat blood test 8 weeks later and levels were steady and remained on same dosage. Im due a repeat blood test in August. This past week ive felt really fatigued again (like i did before diagnosis) and my weight loss has completely stalled.

Could it be i need an increase possibly? Im very tired but have a 10 month old who is up and down all night, have had a cold etc etc. Can cope with the tiredness, its the weight loss stopping thats hurting :eek: and i dont want to keep running to the docs every time i *think* i may need an increase.

Any advice from a hypothyroid veteran much appreiciated
thanks, Katy x

Ask for another blood test,

I know when I low it's really hard to explain to people but I just feel like I'm constantly trying to push through a wall.
Ring docs and get the test brought forward babe... Thyroid can change never normally between 6 weeks but it's still possible
Xx

Thanks Laura, I asked for another test in the end and it came back fine so am back to the drawing board. Thanks for the advice hun xx

i remember when my kids were young i was constantly tired. Been on thyroxine about ten years and dose hasnt changed. Due to have yearly blood test in couple of weeks. I always get told i have high cholesterol levels, so am hoping with weightloss it will have got better now. I still have lots of days that i feel tired, would love to get up everyday and have loads of energy.
x

Back