unlimited free foods aren't REALLY unlimited are they?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sunshinesparkle, 22 August 2011 Social URL.

1. sunshinesparkle

sunshinesparkle Member

the front of the s.w book says the free and superfree foods are totally unlimited....but they aren't are they?

for example Mullerlights can't be free as they are around 90 calories each...eat unlimited of those and you'll soon be putting weight on

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    How many could u seriously eat in a day... They r unlimited but u should stop eating when ur full and if on EE the 1/3 of each meal should b superfree x

4. sunshinesparkle

sunshinesparkle Member

well i could eat 3 in a day....but i still think its too much

5. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    No I do sometimes, try to not think about cals, it's really hard to retrain from that way of thinking but SW does work x

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

If you start thinking too much about it then the plans don't work.
    Free and superfree foods are unlimited if you eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied.

If you want a mullerlight after each meal then have one, same goes for an apple, banana or something else free/superfree.

Looking at calories is not part of the Slimming World plan.

It works, it really does. Don't look too much into it.

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At first it is difficult to understand you can eat as much free food as you need to fill you up.

But as it's already been said the plan does work.

Why don't you go on the SW website & read what it says about free foods.

Also take a look at the diaries on here & the stats, that will show you how much can be eaten & the losses.;)

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Why? I at least one every day, often 2, sometimes 3. Eat til you're full - not just to stuff your face. And try to snack on superfree first - THEN have your Mullers if you are still hungry. I get through about 10+ Muller lights a week!

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Yes you can eat as many as you like and lose weight - its all about the superfree foods though! eat more fruit and veg!!! and watch the weight come off.

If you eat free foods such as mullers or other fat free yogs, you will still lose weight!

Try not to focus on the calories either. I mean how many calories are in a banana, grapes, oranges, apples, carrots, cabbage etc? You need to stop counting the calories and enjoying the free foods.

Have fun eating lots! xxx

10. Veggiegirl

Veggiegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The way I look at it is that food has always been unlimited apart from when I was a child - what I mean is, pre Slimming World no-one dished out a certain amount for me and I didn't weigh anything out - as adults, food and drink is ALL unlimited. The only difference now is that on SW, only the nutritious low-cal filling foods remain unlimited just as they were before but the higher cal lower filling foods ARE now limited. Personally, I put weight on because despite eating reasonably healthy meals, I had a few too many glasses of wine, bags of crisps etc, not because I didn't know when I was full, I just ate too much if the wrong things.

Also, with regard to the mullers eg, as far as I understand it, you'd have to eat 25 per day for a week to put on a lb so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Also, a muller or the much maligned banana eg are filling foods - much more than say a bag of crisps. I could eat 4 bags of crisps easily as they don't fill me up at all but I couldn't eat 4 bananas and if I did I'd be quite full!

I hope someone sees the logic in my ramblings lol! Xx

11. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I love Mullierlight but think i would throw up if I ate 25!! BUT I did read any article about how low fat diary products can aid weightloss!

12. x_ali_x

x_ali_x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.1%)
    i ate 12 mullerlights in 2 days last week and lost 4.5lb

13. lollypop1985

lollypop1985 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    me and my other half love muller light i would say at the most the bf must eat about 5 a day and he always loses weight

14. Feelina

Feelina Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sometimes yoghurt is all I want in hot weather :eek: I try and space it out with salad but a frozen muller can (but not always :rolleyes:) be as good as ice cream.

15. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yes that's true as fat deposits cling to calicium and don't get absorbed by your body (same sort of concept as those alli tablets on a smaller scale I reckon) x

16. waterbabydani

waterbabydani Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was craving muller lights tonight and have run out. Will definitely try the frozen ones.

17. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I think the problem is that people read 'unlimited' but don't read the stop when you're full bit, eat their body weight in pasta, then come on here wondering why they've gained!! I think unlimited is probably a misleading word tbh cos it does give us a ready made get out clause if we fancy a pig out. In my head i'm justifying that pig out as follows
    ' its all free food so its fine! I can't move i'm so stuffed - but i'm still on plan!'

Anyway, if you want to eat 3 mullers in a day, and you aren't just eating for the sake of it, its fine. Everyone is different. I have seen people say on here they'd never a mugshot as a snack between meals. I do that quite alot of the time. Others limit bananas, and some eat 3 a day. All you need to ask yourself is 'am i actually hungry, or am i just eating for the sake of it?'

frankied likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Absolutely agree with this. I failed on SW the first time I did it for exactly this reason. I do think saying 'unlimited' to people who generally have issues with portion control and not knowing when to stop is a bit silly.

20. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Since starting EE and forcing myself to have at least a third of my food as fruit or veg I've stopped stuffing myself with pasta / mullers / etc.

Saying that I do sometimes have 3 yogs a day (currently much in love with the Shape delight ones) as I have fruit and yog for breakfast, and included in lunch, and if I do fanc something sweet in the evening it's likely to be a yogurt (or a synned Shape delight choc pud). Not ideal, but better than reaching for a biscuit or chocolate bar!

21. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Still far better than a chocolate bar or a pack of biscuits - & those shape choc puds are AMAZING!

22. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    How many syns r the shape choc ones?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.