Unsupportive cwpc

formyson

Hi, I was just wondering how supportive my consultant should be? I feel like she just assumes how I am doing, pretends to listen to my concerns, takes my money and sends me on my way. She has said she has loads of clients and has been doing this for years.
This week I told her I was worried about an event and thought I might like to eat....she just said dont drink alcohol as it will put me in hospital. I of course fell off the wagon and now dont know if I can carry on. I have lots of weight to lose and we havent even discussed goals or timelines or anything. The whole thing stretching out in front of me is very daunting!

I know I can change consultants but can I do that mid way and am I expecting too much? Should I change to LL? I dont like the sound of group sessions much

Thanks for your advice...

If your CWPC isn't working for you, then you have every right to change to another one, you need to make this plan work for you. They should be there to support you and listen and act on your concerns x

Thanks Ruth x I know its only me who can do this but she just makes me feel like she is categorising my emotions and simply not listening. Time to look for a new one!

You need a new Consultant by the sounds of it. Joy of cwp these days us there are loads to choose from! This diet is very hard, and an unsupportive Consultant won't make it any easier!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree, a consultant should be supporting, they should be there if you need them. They should also offer constructive support. I didn't feel I could tell my first consultant anything and when I had an event coming up that I couldn't avoid she just said she doesn't accept going off the diet at all for any reason...I lasted two weeks with her. My new one I have been with now for almost 10 weeks and although I don't tell her absolutely everything I know I can talk to her if I am having a tough time or have something coming up.

The new one suggested taking a photo of everything I ate and drank at my event and send it to her....it helped make sure I made he right choices.

Back