unsupportive friends/ family :(

Lisa-Marie90

has anybody had any problems with friends and family naggin that the diet is not healthy and moaning about problems it may cause? ive had lectures of friends and im going to visit my mum tomorrow untill sunday and shes said while im there i HAVE to eat with them in the evening because she refuses to watch me starve!!..bit dramatic of her lol.but now im worries that this weekend is going to ruin all ym hard word this week :(

Mmmm. Well, i think my mum will be very happy when i'm not obese tbh and the extra weight i'm carrying isn't affecting my health... You can still eat - just do an SS+ day - have chicken and salad/veg. And, another thing! I'm not actually "starving" on CD...

What she force feed you if you were doing SW or WW - or would be supportive?

Lx

shes happy im losing the weight shes just heard horror stories of her friends about how bad it is..i think shes imaging me at home starving myself and on deaths door lol..ive told her ive gone up tp ss+ instead of ss so shes feeling better about it haha xx

Lisa-Marie90 said:
has anybody had any problems with friends and family naggin that the diet is not healthy and moaning about problems it may cause? ive had lectures of friends and im going to visit my mum tomorrow untill sunday and shes said while im there i HAVE to eat with them in the evening because she refuses to watch me starve!!..bit dramatic of her lol.but now im worries that this weekend is going to ruin all ym hard word this week :(

I know how you feel.. My dad called it a stupid fad diet & no more was said, my mum didn't say anything really, my OH just goes along with whatever I say or do.. But some of the guys in work were saying it's ridiculous today & calling me naive and stupid.. People are narrow minded, and it's unfair. But you're old enough to know how you feel & how your bodies responding to the diet! & I know you wouldn't let yourself starve or get unwell.. You just need to let them all know that too xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

I know how you feel.. My dad called it a stupid fad diet & no more was said, my mum didn't say anything really, my OH just goes along with whatever I say or do.. But some of the guys in work were saying it's ridiculous today & calling me naive and stupid.. People are narrow minded, and it's unfair. But you're old enough to know how you feel & how your bodies responding to the diet! & I know you wouldn't let yourself starve or get unwell.. You just need to let them all know that too xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

ahh people just assume its bad before actually knowing anything about it...its been going for years if it was so terrible it wouldnt be stil going!! not nice when your feeling all proud of yourself and then everyones got nothing but neggative comments to make..luckily my OH is being supportive so thats a help i guess. my mum will come round whe she sees what i get to have each day..im guna keep the price a secret tho cos i cant see her being too thrilled about that haha xx

Lisa-Marie90 said:
ahh people just assume its bad before actually knowing anything about it...its been going for years if it was so terrible it wouldnt be stil going!! not nice when your feeling all proud of yourself and then everyones got nothing but neggative comments to make..luckily my OH is being supportive so thats a help i guess. my mum will come round whe she sees what i get to have each day..im guna keep the price a secret tho cos i cant see her being too thrilled about that haha xx

Exactly, if it was unsafe & dangerous then it wouldn't still be around & you wouldn't be able to follow it.. You have a CDC to hand & they'd never allow someone to carry on if they became unwell or thought it dangered them because they'd be at risk of losing their job if they did! Just focus on yourself :) you're doing it for you and nobody else, and people will always criticise no matter what the diet, so just focus on keeping yourself happy and they can all wait! xx

well said ladies!
had you lost your excess weight before you confessed to doing CD all the same nayers would be like *oh I must try that*
x

Mo-Jo said:
well said ladies!
had you lost your excess weight before you confessed to doing CD all the same nayers would be like *oh I must try that*
x

Exactly! Like I said people are so narrow minded when it comes to certain things, especially diet plans! x

I've only told my hubby and kids, I think that's it got nothing to do with anyone else, keep your chin up hun x

People can be incredibly ignorant. I've had people tell me that my on my step2 i should be under medicL supervision! Im like for godsake this diet has been around for donkeys years and has to be approved by doctors and all sorts of special people, its not just made up based on nothing! And also, do our friends/families think we are retards, clearly we are intelligent people who wont follow dangerous diets! Okrant over, sorry! But i agree about people being unsupportive. Ive only told my oh and my parents and i made my mum read the book (including the leaflet for doctors!) so she got that its safe!

Back