Up and down, up and down - the same 2 pounds!!

noname314

I'm been going up and down between 77 and 78kg for the last few weeks, it's starting to really annoy me. I'm doing calorie counting and most days doing ok (can never get the exact 1400cals but some days I'm 200-300 under, others I may be 100 over, on average per week I'm always under!

It's starting to annoy me now (I'm obsessive with the scale most days and don't think that's going to change soon!) I'm also starting to get fed up with feeling I'm so good yet having nothing to show for!! I really really want to go down a size and another couple of kgs will get me there! :)

It's not just calories that count. It's what those calories are made up from. You'd probably find it much easier if you joined WW or SW as you get a really good framework to work with. WW is stricter than SW - have a look at them both. What will your final goal be?

If you have been at this a while then your body will have got used to the lower amount of calories and will be working to that level. You need to shock your system by upping the exercise, having 5 smaller meals rather than 3 regular meals, making sure you get plenty of water, plenty of sleep etc.

I notice from your stats that you are only just in the overweight BMI range so you will find it harder to shift those last few lbs as unfortunately, as women, our bodies are designed specifically to store fat so we can make strong caveman babies hehe

You are doing really well and we all have plateaus. Don't give up! Slimming world or weight watchers might be just what you need? You'll probably be able to eat more but lose more too!

Good Luck

Kate x

Thanks for the replies, only logging in now. Not doing that great lately tbh so will have to revisit my strategy. I really don't fancy joing SW or WW but may look into it if necessery, the idea of paying somebody to loose weight, plus being told what I can and can not eat probably won't work for me. I was fairly good for a month and a half, eating very healthy with occasional treat so does seem like a plateau. I know it's time to start proper excercise, just haven't been "in the zone" yet. Better go find that motivation of mine back as I'm not putting the weight back on, worked bloody hard to get that stone off since May!!!

Have been fairly "relaxed" with my food last week, haven't tracked a thing and afraid to step on the scales. Heading away for a month with no scales and very basic cooking fascilities, so that will be tricky too. But will try do my best, and hopefully if not lost, wouldn't have put anything by the time I'm back.

My goal is healthy BMI (25), hopefully a little bit more afterwards, but for now that's only in my dreams ;)

Thanks for the replies, only logging in now. Not doing that great lately tbh so will have to revisit my strategy. I really don't fancy joing SW or WW but may look into it if necessery, the idea of paying somebody to loose weight, plus being told what I can and can not eat probably won't work for me. I was fairly good for a month and a half, eating very healthy with occasional treat so does seem like a plateau. I know it's time to start proper excercise, just haven't been "in the zone" yet. Better go find that motivation of mine back as I'm not putting the weight back on, worked bloody hard to get that stone off since May!!!

Have been fairly "relaxed" with my food last week, haven't tracked a thing and afraid to step on the scales. Heading away for a month with no scales and very basic cooking fascilities, so that will be tricky too. But will try do my best, and hopefully if not lost, wouldn't have put anything by the time I'm back.
From personal experience I know how frustrating it can be. I've hovered around a certain body weight for about two years before finally breaking through it, and that breakthrough was sudden, big and all the more rewarding.
You need to realise how much weight you didn't put back on by sticking to the plan, and what the outcome might have been had you fallen off the wagon. ;)
I didn't, and this is why I plateaued for two years rather than a couple of months...

Hey, why not try the Tough Love thread?
I haven't seen the Tough Love thread, off to look now :)

Getting back on track today, phew, this getting healthy and staying healthy bussiness is hard work!:break_diet:

Back