Up day rules

sunnyrae

Silver Member
Hello everyone been doing JUDDD for about 3 weeks and although i havent weighed myseld yet i feel and i thjnk i look heavier :( want to give it a month before weighing. I having very naughty up days i dont cal count of eat low fat or anything i do indulge and i love my up days i could do this diet forever however if im gaining not 100% sure i am then i wont be doing it forever.
Do you have rules u follow on up days to keep them not too bad or anything or are urs unrestrained as well has it made a difference to ur weigh in.
I currantly only have 3 DD a week but im planning on doing a everyother day DD up to my first weigh in a week on sat morning. I want to feel lighter!!!

I don't think eating low fat or carb may be necessary.. I eat high fat on my UP days as I follow primal and it's based on good fats.. but if you feel you're gaining maybe it may be worth counting your calories for a while to get an idea of what you are eating.. and maybe reducing your treats?

Also, if it helps :), I more see UP days as not binge days buy days where I can eat normally. No 'diet' food or low cal/fat/carb and where you're free to enjoy lunch or drinks out or a nice family occasions without breaking the diet.. otherwise you'll feel like you're on a diet all the time.. so foods you enjoy, comfort food..but keep an idea of how much you're eating just for a while so you are binge/diet/binge/diet.. if that makes sense? So like I won't eat my weight in chocolate on an UP day... But if I fancy some, I won't feel guilty about it & if we go out for dinner I don't scourer the menu for what is suitable for.my diet but relax and pick something I fanxy

What deece said above sums it up perfectly, UP days are not diet days so eat what you want but we should all be trying to eat healthier so maybe look at your choices UP days are not all about treats and junk, although your cals can be made up of what you want , I try to think healthy and wholesome with treats if I want. My weekend UPs are def more treat based . I don't count cals in the sense that I think I have only got so many left but so I know how many I have had, its usually 2000-2500 weekdays 3000 weekends x

I agree there too! I trryyyy to count calories on a Saturday, but I more take it as a "day off" to enjoy myself.. otherwise I do border on obsessive calorie counting ;)

I don't calorie count on my UP days either but I do mainly stick to three main meals and don't snack - thats not the old me at all, snacking was my thing but I just don't crave/need it. Yesterday I had a fried cheese and onion sandwich, it was amazing and i didn't feel guilty at all. DD today it feels good, got a job interview this afternoon but didn't even think about dropping the DD. Really excited about Saturday weigh in as I have a feeling its going to be good.

Last edited:
You are right I hadn't really realised that I am not a snacker anymore, I have my 3 main meals and then if I feel like it a treat in the evening but I never eat between meals like I used to but I have only just realised that !!

Thanks for all ur tips i am going to try and not snack from now on on UP days and eat a bit more sensibly i think its just weighting for the novelty of being able to eat normally to wear off

You are right I hadn't really realised that I am not a snacker anymore, I have my 3 main meals and then if I feel like it a treat in the evening but I never eat between meals like I used to but I have only just realised that !!

Somebody said on a thread here that its ok to be hungry just before a meal. I repeated it to my sister yesterday and it prompted quite a discussion, its bizarre how we think we need to full all the time. The number of times I've snacked on things ten minutes before I'm going to eat a meal, its madness but its fantastic that we are coming to realise these things, its just about thinking before you eat isn't it.

Ooo must remember to think that!! I try and make my meals BIG and filling.. I've stopped snacking mid-morning and just about the afternoon... it's that horrible evening time.. I get in from work and if I'm not going to the gym I pick, pick pick.. have dinner.. then I wanna pick pick pick some more.. I am getting better at it though, kinda think it's the JUDDD cos I am actually allowed these things another day so I'm getting out of the "oohh I'll eat everything now then worry about my diet tomorrow!"

Back