Updated Dukan 'Jaffa Cakes' (recipe reworked with pic)

Lausanne

I can if I think I can.
Oatbran - 1 day's ration
Tolerateds - yes
Dairy - no
Eggs - 1 yolk
DukanJaffaCakes.jpg

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

Ingredients:
2 tbspn oatbran,
1 tsp orange sf jelly,
1 tbsp sweetener
1/4 tsp cocoa
1 egg yolk
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
Method:
Cream egg yolk,sweetener and sf jelly crystals in a bowl. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Add oatbran, baking powder and egg whites into egg yolk mixture and beat until well combined. Using a dstsp drop mix into shallow non stick bun tray. Pop in the hot oven for 15 mins. Remove allow to rest in tin for a few minutes and then they should be easily removed when prised up with the handle of a tspn. Return to the oven bottom side up to crispy up all sides. Allow to cool on a wire tray and enjoy! :)Xx

( I got nine little cakes but you may like less but larger biscuits, cooking time may then need to be changed. The biscuits are sweet enough for me but you could increase the sf jelly crystal. I also added only a small amount of cocoa but you could of course increase this within the limit of tolerateds per day.)

Last edited:
was going to make these today and I ran out of eggs after id made muffins for 4 days. Eggs delivered Tuesday so will have a go then - looking forward to trying them Lausanne :)

Sounds fabulous :) Can't wait to get to cruise so that I can try them!

was going to make these today and I ran out of eggs after id made muffins for 4 days. Eggs delivered Tuesday so will have a go then - looking forward to trying them Lausanne :)

Didnt get a chance to make them :cry:chucky egg lady at work didnt bring the order in so .........

been thinking about this one - today I'll cut the recipe in half so only a daily ration of oatbran and see how I go as they were much tastier to eat on the day they're made. Will also use only a small amount of sf jelly to flavour - which I find intensely sweet - will report later :)Xx

been thinking about this one - today I'll cut the recipe in half so only a daily ration of oatbran and see how I go as they were much tastier to eat on the day they're made. Will also use only a small amount of sf jelly to flavour - which I find intensely sweet - will report later :)Xx

Actually made butternut squash cookies as PV today which were yummy! A lovely change to muffins which I've had all week. Hope to find time to re-try the Dukan jaffas tomorrow.

BNS cookies sound interesting you should be on Masterchef Lausanne or you could open a Dukan caf the very first in Ireland ;) x

BNS cookies sound interesting you should be on Masterchef Lausanne or you could open a Dukan caf the very first in Ireland ;) x

How fab it would be to have a Dukan restaurant in every big town!! There's an idea for The Apprentice!

I made these yesterday and they are lovely. I left out the cocoa as I didn't want to have any more tolerateds but they still tasted like the real thing. Thanks Lausanne!

Back