Upping Calories?

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Even told I need to up my calories ... It's so hard tho! Love food but yet when it comes to upping cals I'm being a wimp about it.

Need to find an extra 2-300 cals a day. But healthy ones.

Any ideas?

I am moving up to 2000 cals for weight loss :) apparently this works better than having just 1200 cals

How about extra lean meats and fish at meal times so you can keep to your pattern

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nuts, fruit juice, avocado, increasing the protein that you have in each meal a little, those are my main suggestions really.

This really depends on how much weight you have to lose. Starvation mode does exist, but it takes a hell of a long time for your body to get into it while you are still consuming food. (anoreixa nervousa = weight loss whilst in this mode *not good*)

If you are overweight or obese the bigger your calorie deficit the better, the safest way to do it is exercising, obviously this is difficult with work etc. I understand why people think eating more helps as it slightly increases metabloism but not enough to burn what you have eaten. If eating lots meant weight loss no one would be here. I wish ;-) lol.

I only know all this as my brother is qualified And has been on my back about it for years. His moto is - eating fewer calories is ok, buring your calories off is excellent.
Also the more you exercise the more calories you burn at rest. So if we want to eat more we need to move more.

If you dont move more and eat more you will maintain or gain over a period of time x

Caroline this is exactly what i was told too, increase protein and green veg. This helps the increased exercise x

Back