Urgent advice needed please

Hi there,
I posted a week or so ago that I needed to have a surgical procedure and was unsure about the rules regarding SSing.
The hospital have just contacted me asking me to go in next WEDNESDAY for this minor procedure.
It will require a general anaesthetic (for half an hour) but there will be no incisions made as it is for an endometrial ablation (burning away of the lining of the womb).
My CDC is in America until the weekend after next so I can't ask her and I haven't had a reply to the email from CD head office yet.
I know for surgery requiring healing afterwards e.g. incisions that you must not SS for some time afterwards but I don't know what the recommendations are for this type of minor surgery or if it's to do with healing or the actual general anaesthetic.
I would really welcome your advice as I need to let the hospital know today if I'm gonna take the surgery or wait another month.
Thanks all
Tx:)

Sorry, don't know the answer....just sending you lots of hugs.x

You can't SS for 3 months after surgery. Have you tried to PM CD Counsellor, I'm sure she'll know what you need to do.

Thanks Sharon - that's really kind of you. I'm very nervous about the whole thing and am supposed to be taking my daughter to Hastings caravanning at HAven on the Saturday following this. I don't know if I'll be up to it or not.
As you know, I'm also getting wed in August so want this procedure out of the way well before this.
Just don't know what to do at the moment. If I have to stop SSing I might not be able to lose the weight in time for the wedding also - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Hope you're well and all's good with you
Tansyx

Hi Mel,
My CDC is in USA at the moment and not due back until 3 days AFTER the op!
What is the rationale behind no SSing for 3 months after the op? Is it to recover from a general anaesthetic? The consultant reckons that it's akin to having a vasectomy and that many women go back to work the next day!!! Surely that means that not much recovery time is needed so would the 3 months relate to a non incision operation???? I could understand if it was a serious cut to the body the need to let it heal properly before doing a vlcd again but don't think this applies for surgery like this???
Thanks for your reply though - just wish I could find out for sure. I did email through the main CD page but haven't received a reply.
Take care
Tansyx

Hey hun, I don't know the answer either, but I had a quick look here for you ... cambridge company history()

It does mention surgery in the cancer section, but not general surgery. I too am due to have a small day op - in a few weeks - which will involve removal of an abscess on my leg (mm lovely!) so I need to find out if I'm affected too as at the moment I've fallen off the wagon with a terrifying bump and am using the "well I'm having an op soon" line as an excuse to carry on without doing anything about losing weight. Grrr! :mad:

I would suggest you contact Cambridge direct (use the 'contact' button at the top of the page I've linked) - that is what I'm going to do.

Good luck with the surgery - hope it goes well and you have a safe and complete recovery. :D

L xx

Your body needs extra protein to heal. Although you aren't having an incision, there will be areas of flesh that need to heal, and that does require protein. I'd try ringing HO again.

You need to be on 1200 cals asap should have been really 2 weeks prior to surgery of any sort, so move up day at a time 810 (starting today), 1000 part b, 1200 one day at each keeping at 1200 for last few days, you will be contraindicated for at least 1 month after surgery due to the anaesthetic alone it could be longer. We have time to check that out.

Also tell anaesthetist you have been following a VLCD for how long and how you have introduced food.

It is important to do all of the above as the viscosity of your blood changes when on a VLCD.

This is correct advice please follow this.

Linda

Meant to say if you would like to talk the programmes through PM me your telephone number and I will call you later today.

Lidna

Thanks Linda,
I am worried about putting the weight I've lost back on as I've still got 2 stone to lose!!!!!
Can I just eat protein and veg or do I need to start eating carbs again??? I have the yellow booklet but that does have carbs at 1200 cals.
I'm worried as I'm getting married in August.
Have phoned the hospital and they can't offer another appt until end of June which is a bit too close to the wedding date just in case there are any problems (infection etc).
Thanks again for your reply
Tansyx

Tansy PM me your phone number and I will call you later to talk this through with you.

Okay have your number will call later.

Linda

Hi Mel,
My CDC is in USA at the moment and not due back until 3 days AFTER the op!
What is the rationale behind no SSing for 3 months after the op? Is it to recover from a general anaesthetic? The consultant reckons that it's akin to having a vasectomy and that many women go back to work the next day!!! Surely that means that not much recovery time is needed so would the 3 months relate to a non incision operation???? I could understand if it was a serious cut to the body the need to let it heal properly before doing a vlcd again but don't think this applies for surgery like this???
Thanks for your reply though - just wish I could find out for sure. I did email through the main CD page but haven't received a reply.
Take care
Tansyx

Hi
I meant Linda (CD Counsellor), but I see she's already picked this up
Mel

Oh right!!!!:eek: Thanks - have PM'd her now. Really kind of her to offer to talk me through this.
Thanks again
TAnsyx

good luck Tansy-What a shame this has come up just as you were getting back in the swing of it!!

Hope op goes ok!

Back