use of syns...please read

blonde8

I know this has probably been asked loads of times already but I just wondered if any of you used your syns weekly rather than daily and wondered if you still had a loss doing it this way xx look forward to hearing back from you all xx

Hi

I prefer to use mine daily, as it helps me to keep track of what I am eating. The only time I saved them up for a weekend, I gained weight at weigh in, but might have something to do with my weigh in being in a Sunday, so a weekend of syn overload was probably not ideal!!

I think there are lots of people who save their syns up - do a search on here and lots of posts about it should come up.

I have done slimming world a few times before but re- joined 4 weeks ago in a new group and this was the first time I heard of weekly syns. The consultant used to attend the class she is running and lost 9st she mentioned that she has weekly syns and I was surprised I tried it in week 1 and lost 2.5lb and in week 2 lost 1.5lb week 3 I used all my syns in the first two days of weigh in then had to just do the diet and lost an amazing 4lb!

I think that to make it work that way you can't have rolling syns all week it must be bulked and you must have enough time to correct it but may give your metabolism a boost?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Weekly for me all the way. It's the only way I can live like a normal person(!) I get to have a naughty evening & the odd choc bar in the week, but I'd rather have one snickers bar a week than a curly surly or other lower Syn treat every day, but that's just me! Hasn't affected me so far, I've lost 13.5lb in 5 weeks & am now only 9lb off target :) I use pretty much all my syns as well x

I'm on my 3rd week of doing weekly syns and don't intend to go back. I like going to the pub and having a curry on the weekend so keep some syns for that. My weigh in is on a mon and I tend the first week of weekly syns I lost 1.5lbs. The next week I used most of my syns mon-fri as I knew that I wasn't out at the weekend and I lost 4lbs but didn't particularly enjoy being 'careful' over the weekend.

I'd happily lose 1.5lbs on a mon after a 'synful' weekend so am happy to carry on as I am but also know if I flipped my week round then I could lose more if I need a bit of a boost.

I did this last week. Saved up for a friday night out. I don't really use all mine up anyway, I know I should. Have managed a loss again this week so the friday binge didn't do much damage.

Back