• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Use the right hand blender!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I didn't think there was that much difference between hand/stick blenders, but I think I've been proved wrong.

I had an existing blender when I started the diet (a Woolies one, only a couple of years old) so I used this to do my blending. Poor old blender - it was too much for it and an important plastic bit snapped off and made the blender useless, so I had to go and find another one.

I ended up with a Micromark one (Micromark MMK9897) that I got off eBay for about a tenner, and it's great. My porridge was lovely before, but now it's transformed - it's even more smooth and creamy than before! You wouldn't think that there could be such a difference between two blenders which look pretty much alike - but there is.

All I would say is - it's worth shopping around! And the most expensive isn't necessarily the best for your needs either.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

**sparkles**

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 9st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23 Loss: 6st10lb(41.96%)
I must be going mad-when I first read your post I thought that you meant a 'right hand' blender-and I wondered how the hell you'd notice the difference between a right hand one and a left hand one!:doh: :D

macy12

S: 12st6lb C: 12st6lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 34 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Me too !!!!!!
I even went to the kitchen to check mine !!!!!!

I got mine from a car boot sale for £1.50
(credit crunch and all that stuff !!)

margie

S: 23st0lb C: 21st3lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 1st11lb(7.76%)
I never thought of using my blender on my porridge - I am off to try it now.....

**sparkles**

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 9st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23 Loss: 6st10lb(41.96%)
I am so glad I'm not the only mad one here...!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
No, I'm madder than the rest of you - I should have used the word 'correct' (obviously!), lol lol!!
:8855:

sleepybird

wants a pony
S: 10st0lb C: 9st3lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 0st11lb(7.86%)
I love blended porridge, when i first started i just whisked it with a fork and chewed the lumps but when i blended it....oh my.....:D:D

I don't blend either, tried it once and preferred lumps :) I do blend the shakes, hate lumps in them!
bingbong

S: 18st7lb C: 14st11lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 35.5 Loss: 3st10lb(20.08%)
I also like my porridge to have lumps in but everthing else gets blended id be lost without it.

Berryred

Gold Member
S: 16st13lb C: 16st7lb G: 9st7.5lb BMI: 40.9 Loss: 0st6lb(2.53%)
haha I was having the right handed thing too going through my mind haha thanks for that teehee