2 STONE TO BMI - I CAN DO THIS!!!

I got that bar mix tip from some blogger or vlogger I randomly follow on youtube. It tastes like a watered down snickers bar - the combo of the 2 textures - caramelly toffee jammed with crunchy peanut. Mmmm. I actually had grown tired of the Peanut bar in its original form, but like this it's quite passable. I'm a toffee fan; I also lurve the choc orange and the choc chewy, yummy. So I can go back to ordering my old peanut favorites from another life, hehehe. It's still quite strange and amusing at how almost all the stuff I loved during the first cambridge journey I had now tastes like ass to meo_O. The life savers now for me are the bars, the pastas and my trusty ol' maple porridge. I tried the cappucino yesterday and phooeeey; gagsville:brushingteeth:!!! so powdery, chalky and just-not-good. I used to lurrrrrve it before; sigh. I'm gonna test myself this afternoon with a smoothie I've been recycling daily for the past 4 weeks:D - hope today is it's day - thankfully there's a maple porridge in storage if it doesn't work out :p. I mean the best thing Cambridge has done for moi :cool: is to allow me free reign over all them bars:eat:!!! wahoo!!!:woohoo: I can have 4 of them frigging things in a day if I very well want to. Unlike back then, when it was just 1 per day; and even that after 2 weeks of gruelling powder meals blah. So, join me with my morning cuppa!!! Cheers!!!Bottoms up!:bunnydance:

Today went on smoothly. After my bar I had that smoothie at last then another bar. I just finished my mac and cheese a few minutes ago and now I'm getting ready for bed. My weigh in day is Sunday and hoping for at least a 1kg drop. Wish me luck lol. There's a reason for me staying away from the scale for this long. So now that I've suddenly got back the courage to go on the scale again I don't want to jinx it. It's been fucking easy for me to stay away from it during the week, but I'm sure Sunday will be like preparing for an exam or something. Time for me to hit the sheets.would like to clock 8 hr sleep tonite

So today is weigh in day. And I'm not too happy. I projected a 1kg weight drop but only got a 0.1kg weight drop. In short I'm still 94kg. 7 whole days and just 0.1kg drop. So I'm running through my week mentally for the cause. Ok yes I've not been as 100% as I should have been - there was that day I smashed up some chicken thighs :rolleyes:. There was also the other day I went ballistic on pure protein peanut bars in addition to my cwp meals. Up to 3 of them actually. And boy... did the maltitol hit keep me in the little girls room afterwards :oops:...And I did have some other odds and ends which I thought surely won't make a difference. Yes I'm aiming for total accountability here so there's no point hiding. Not to forget it's time of the month in full sway. So let me learn and move on. It's 100% or nothing sweetie... especially as I'm on the new formulae which is already permissive as it is lol. So this morning I've had my toffee bar washed down with water, camomile tea and black coffee. So 94.4kg and plodding on. It's set my target projections back big time though :(:(:(

Last edited:
Going slow with weight loss is bitter sweet. It's a drag and one wishes it's over already and target is here...but with hindsight I'm still a bit apprehensive of the depleted look as well as the saggyness that comes with rapid weight loss. Also since this diet ain't cheap and if money is a factor it makes you counter that concern and still gun for speed. .... so I've just resolved to take it a day at a time. And also maybe I need to keep myself accountable daily. Now that I've gotten over my scale-o-phobia it's very likely I replace it with scale obsession. Hahahaha no half measures for this chic :D I see myself in my birthday suit every morning picking up on where the boo boos may lie....at least till I get to 90. Who am I kidding :rolleyes:

The scale this morning read 94.7. Wondering why? Chalking it down to week fluctuations; but at least I'm now resolving to add a bit of cardio to my routine during the week to get things moving a bit.
I have a trip next week planned officially. And this is really the worst possible time to be on a trip while on sole source, lololoz well I will be taking my mini portable scale and a skipping rope to keep me accountable.:D I can already see me wasting a lot of the officially paid for food because of sole source :rolleyes:.

Last time I was on Cambridge and had to travel that way, I stuck to strict lowcarb as well as as diet cokes and I still lost a bit even though not much. But I'm really worried with this plateau stuff going on - will a week on semi-sole source make things worse or better. I plan to stay on plan, but I don't want to be a social pariah, there are so many socials being planned; and we can't stay back at the hotel as that will be missing out on the reason for going in the first place:rolleyes:I wouldn't be worried if I had been losing though but as it is with these repetitive plateaus......what to do? what to do?:confused:

Scale was 94.1 this morning. Don't know if I should feel better about this? I'm kinda like meh...well at least it seems 93 is almost guaranteed for weigh-in Sunday lol. That's something to look forward to; though my projections earlier were 92 by now :rolleyes: the body, the body, the body...has a mind of its own.

So 100% on plan so far. yippeeee!!! Meal roll call for the day is the rest of my orange bar from last night; a blackcurrant smoothie, a maple porridge and a leek soup for nighties.

I realized i'm a mix-a-match type. That means I need different textures and flavors at a meal sitting. So what I do is this: I use spoon-fulls of the smoothies as its practically flavored skim milk :rolleyes:to spice up my coffee at different times in the day; leaving at least 3/4 of the pack leftover to take as a meal on its own. I split a soup pack in half and bring it up with the vegetable flavoring and pepper, and have it with half a bar; probably with a cup of smoothie flavored coffee. I take my maple porridge either as a ready-brek type cereal with hot water only; or I pulverize it in the microwave for a minute and take it as cwp intended. that way I always have a part of the bar left to munch when the 12 midnight munchies hit and I stay very much within my 4 pack limit. Now is that confusing or what????

Cwp does mess with the head at some point, doesn't it :D

One good non-scale victory - my size UK 14 skirt is dancing all over me and needs a belt!!! Do I see UK 12's coming at me with the speed of lightning only the cambridge diet can produce already? woohoo!!!:woohoo:

Found a funny minion avatar to make me smile hahaha. Me love me some minions, me do, me do!!! I also updated my stats at last. Seems my spirits are uplifting gradually, Hoorah. the -5 'weight-add' doesn't look as bad as I thought it would after all. It could be worse; I mean I was a hundred and something in September, so that's an achievement. Just that it's nasty remembering how I owned the 80's at some point; and now the 90's are refusing to let me go. Anyway, I guess we are working in the right direction of sorts. So let's keep plodding on.

Now that vlogger I mentioned earlier really hits it hard on how mandatory it is to step ones way out of any vlcd - cambridge, shake that weight, exante, lipotrim - mention them all - (processed junk food contraptions that wreck your metabolism as the keto snobs say :p). It's the steps that bring your body out of the serious messed up metabolic state it needed to be in to trigger active fat burn (and muscle burn; yes it doesn't differentiate unfortunately hence the depleted look) for such a protracted length of time as sole source steps 1 and 2 advocate. Otherwise the body reacts, enters starvation mode and becomes an energy storage machine to make up for all the lost body mass loss. The source of many a cambridge dieter's woes... and that's why this time I'm happy to take my time and do it right. I want to be able to conveniently eat 2000 calories max in a day without my body going ballistic on me. So it's daily research I do to keep myself occupied these days. That vlogger achieved it, and he's been off plan for a while and the depleted look is being changed to a ripped muscular look with the scale remaining the same. So it's doable and since cambridge was the only thing that worked for me to date in my over 30 years of active weight conscious existence, it's going to always be my reference point.

I however blame my previous hiccup on plan to having a shitty consultant. Since cambridge make such a big deal about the importance of the consultant to the diet then maybe they should go the extra mile in ensuring the consultant is trained also in keeping the weight off. Both off themselves at first, as well as you the client. It's bad advertisement to see a formerly slim consultant add the weight back as it's a sneak preview to you the client too if only you care to see it. At the end of the day they are just bloody powder peddling money grubbers; and the company itself is just another food manufacturing giant out to make a profit - but I digress...it makes no point really to smash consultants or cambridge for that matter; it's your life - your body at the end of the day and your choice to use their plan as it is and with all the caveats they ensure you sign to blah blah blah.

Once bitten, twice....this time around, I'm ripping myself up post cambridge - I sure am!!!

Hey 2s2bmi,

Finally caught up on your previous and current journey, been a bit lame last few weeks, as yup fell off plan and then struggled to get back on it. And yes indeedy, so easy to revert to bad habits... :)

I like your way of thinking lady, about the CDC's urghh... they leave a lot to be desired! And yes all most really care about is pushing the packs !!

But like you clearly know, sod them, it's your journey. And you are so right, stay on track with the scales, not how you're still able to fit into those questionable size 14's which have lots and lots and lots of give... hahaha so dang true!!!

Day 2 of being 100%, last few weeks fell to wayside regained 3 kgs!!! Well, it's done, focus on shifting it should be in ketosis soon enough. Still have a total of 22kgs to shift to reach goal And well done you 50kgs before !!! That's some seriously amazing losses...

Let's see and hope a low carb 4/3 can help with long term maintenance, that's clearly the challenge to overcome.

Well done for hitting the restart button :) Let's do this together

Xxxx

Plateau finally shifted :wee:early morning weigh in at 93.4 kg!!! Second weigh check a minute after to make sure it ain't a dream and 93.1 kg. Is that motivating or is that motivating? I haven't left 94 kg range for almost ever!!! I just knew coming back here to rant will help me keep my resolve this time. Woohoo!!!

Water game this morning seriously on point with 1.5 liters already under the belt. Had my wonderfully wonderful chocolate orange bar and now ready to save the day!!! (PJ Mask quote there:D, couldn't help it... meant to say face the day :p)

Hey 2s2bmi,

Finally caught up on your previous and current journey, been a bit lame last few weeks, as yup fell off plan and then struggled to get back on it. And yes indeedy, so easy to revert to bad habits... :)

I like your way of thinking lady, about the CDC's urghh... they leave a lot to be desired! And yes all most really care about is pushing the packs !!

But like you clearly know, sod them, it's your journey. And you are so right, stay on track with the scales, not how you're still able to fit into those questionable size 14's which have lots and lots and lots of give... hahaha so dang true!!!

Day 2 of being 100%, last few weeks fell to wayside regained 3 kgs!!! Well, it's done, focus on shifting it should be in ketosis soon enough. Still have a total of 22kgs to shift to reach goal And well done you 50kgs before !!! That's some seriously amazing losses...

Let's see and hope a low carb 4/3 can help with long term maintenance, that's clearly the challenge to overcome.

Well done for hitting the restart button :) Let's do this together

Xxxx
You found me!!! woot woot:wee:Let's keep ourselves accountable ok? CWP rocks! yeyyy:D

@SummerChic the 3kg weight gain you experienced over the past weeks - was that due to water weight which always comes back when your not in ketosis...I think so, and that means you didn't really gain back all fat in the actual sense of it - maybe 0.5 kg of that was fat thereabouts. Anyway well done on being 100%, it's not easy to do that and I personally have taken that for granted so many times in the past. I see you're also a tallie like me so you also get the privilege of 4 meals :D I sincerely wonder if I would ever have coped with anything less than that! What's the lowest weight you ever remember being at?

I'm getting some chocolate mint bars this week. My CDC is out of choc orange and choc chewy - my favorites. Bah!:banghead:. Ah well, toffee is still available and now I have the delicious strawberry apple yogurt bar which had been sold out for some time with this particular CDC. Now that's something to look forward to. I wish these consultants keep stocking what we like for crissakes:rant:...its hard enough as it is to keep on track and then you go off and not have what I like:rant:. I never really cared for the choc mint bars before though - rather meh-ish for me:rolleyes:; but what the heck, let's give em a try again shall we? Will update you on taste reviews shortly :D

Today I look hot!!! I busted out an old hawes and curtis UK 12 3/4 top today and tucked it into a US 10 mango skirt and boyyyy oh boyyyy!!! OOyeah I feel good!!! 178cm Diva on point in heels!!! yeah yeah yeah...hahahaha

Let's enjoy it while it lasts - because very soon I shall be typing along the lines of..."and now the screaming starts".... because once I hit 89, i'm gonna look a lot different from now from experience and there will be a lot of double takes and looks of shock. And people will still say I have an eating disorder and what not - it all happened last time I went to 84 and it is more or less contributory to the reason I'm back here...but I was still a fuckin' BMI 28!!! Imagine!!! I wasn't even 25 talkless of 23 where I'm aiming for. I couldn't wear a bikini; I couldn't wear skinny jeans, yet everyone was so negative and it affected me. Not. Any. More. This time I will be saying to anyone who comes near me with a M-effing opinion to go Eff themselves :mad:

Lol,

2s2bmi,

You're a funny lady:D

Ok, so lowest I've probably been was err... 2.7kgs.... but that was like 49 years ago ;);)

Seriously most of my adult life I've been around 8st 10lbs... would think I was huge if I got close to 9stones .... yup sad I know ... less if I was stressed as would just stop eating....

That reversed a couple of years ago, horrid tribunal case, which is still ongoing hence my current state, although hormones may be having a little effect.

Aiming to get to 10st, take a break then get those last few pound off. As will settle at 9s7lbs 10 with lots of tone :)

And yup, people who didn't know me from before having lost my first 3stones were like oh that's enough no more, hmm am still in overweight BMI, I don't know, personally think it's an insecure thing on their part protecting their own gorgeousness ... so I don't listen to that just let them go blah blah blah...

I suggest you stop when you're ready, nothing like a little high street shop when you pop into zara, like all sorts of clothes and you can were their small... ;) anyway, stop when you're happy and you can manage and maintain.

and you're right, I think a lot of my gain is water retention, with my silly carb fest... prob a a pound maybe 2 of actually fat.

I've restarted after 3 weeks of not being good. Lots going on, but feeling better and able to focus again on this. Restarted yesterday, so am using yesterday as my new start date. Makes me feel better as doesn't remind me how long I've been on plan lol... so am going to have new weigh days of Mondays, means I won't even consider weekend cheats thinking may have a day to loose and recover, started going wrong there with that in the last few weeks of my last chapter.

Now feel like I'm starting again and this is only day 2, mentally this is my day 2, to cheat in day 2 is beyond rude lol ;)

And you're so right, being a tallie, I get an extra product, so have had 4 ;) but am going to hold back and have 3 products plus 200 mls of semi-skimmed milk. I'm glad for my 4th product, and not sure I see lesser losses as I guess the height counteracts that..?

This means I have a stock pile of 3 weeks worth as have been buying my products and not using them... grrr anyway, CDC ok with that, have to send her pictures every Monday from now on, and just collect my next batch when I run out. Which was always our pattern anyway. My tummy is feeling less bloated already, I do think I'm gluten intolerant, so need to ensure I stay away from it as and when I'm in maintenance.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?? Have you just had a birthday ..??

xxx

Back