2 STONE TO BMI - I CAN DO THIS!!!

Had a quick 30 minute jog/walk this morning. One of the only benefits of staying in this shitty hotel...another benefit being the food sucks, which is a good thing as I will not have too much temptation to stray from plan, lol. I had my chocolate shake this morning with half a sausage being the only thing remotely edible on the breakfast table and I have my water and orange flavoring to sip on. Meanwhile did I tell you that orange flavoring is goddam sick!!!! It's awesome! It's beyond awesome. I haven't tried the watermelon yet but I've heard the rave reviews. My CDC is always out of the good stuff :rolleyes: - hopefully I will get my mint bars and the watermelon flavor next week. My mobile scale says I'm still on 92kg, which is expected. I believe I will probably flatline on the scale this week due to the added proteins I will likely be consuming, but I hope to offset some of this with a bit of cardio now and then - nothing too ambitious as I intend to stay on around 810 calories, and can't afford to tire myself out.

Hope to try the sauna and steam room later in the day.

Gong to hit the supermarkets later on, I need to stock up on water. The hotel sucks so much they don't have friggimg water anywhere. They only have juice, juice and more juice with every meal so far. For crying out loud! #smh

Part of the hotel's shittiness means the sauna and steam room only open when the whims and caprices of the bluday 'civil servant like' officials that run it on behalf of the hotel dictate - in short my strict office time schedule means no sauna and steam room for me - fun times:rolleyes:

Also one look at all the carby and fried dried up food on the buffet breakfast table sent me back to my trusty ole porridge. So ask me, how do you get a winning porridge experience far away from a microwave. This is what I did: :D

Boiled some hot water; let it stand for a few seconds - e.g. 10; pour over the porridge in a container with a good lid. Let it stand.

After it steams up for a while - viola it's done!

And if you have an electric warmer you can plug in (which I do for some reason ;)) you could heat it up, place the steamed up porridge on it (a heat resistant container, please!!!) and stir it till it gets that gooey sticky porridgey texture we all love.

Sod the 15minute consumption rule - I'm at a hotel and this is not normal circumstances....Besides I'm having periodic proteins and veggies so nutrients will be consumed at some point during the day - no worries :p

My breakfast this morning was yummy, needless to say :D

Hello 2Stone2BMI

I hope you are well. Sorry for the delay in coming to say hello I have had quite a hectic month.

How are you finding the plan so far? Sorry I have not had the opportunity to fully read through your diary yet but I intend to.

When are you aiming to reach your 2 stone goal by?

xx

Hi Mini_Kate! Nice to see you stop by, it was getting quite lonely here. I've been feeling a bit poorly so I haven't updated for today, but if I feel better later on I will make up for it. Hmm the plan has been full of ups and downs. But since the beginning of this month it's been very consistent and I've been able to shift a plateau I've been on for years. I was 2stone2bmi about 4 years ago! Now it's more realistic to say I restarted at almost 4 stone to BMI hehehehe. As at today though I'm almost back to 2stonetobmi thank goodness. So the journey is just about to begin actually. Am not putting a timeline - it looks more realistic by early next year to finally be there - I want to take it a week at a time with a 1kg weight loss target per week.

So far it's been keeping me on track to look forward to just a kg drop. Sometimes there are surprises and it's almost 2kg, and sometimes it barely moves to half a kg. It's been quite interesting so far really.

How about you? What's your journey been like...

Last edited:
That is really good that you have managed to get past your plateau!

It sounds like you are describing the whoosh effect! No drop for a while and then a whoosh lol.

I am on week 17 with my weigh in tomorrow (it’s normally on a Tuesday but having a hectic week). So far -45lbs plus whatever the scales say tomorrow. I am hoping to be around the 50lb loss mark though. Fingers crossed.

I have got a long way to go!!

Xx

So, I've been singing "rains of castamere" from the other end of my body for the past few days....:sick0019:. Been quite terrible; I'm thinking the lettuce in this hotel has a taint or something...not been good times. Can't wait to get home today lol.

I discovered the same steam pot method works for both the pasta and the spag bol! So while everyone else is eating the buffet carbs, I'm having a spag bol with step 2 additives from the buffet table. It's been interesting keeping the weight plan alive during these past few days; woo hoo!!! I'm still hovering on the 92kg mark today, so lets see what weigh in on Sunday will look like.

Phew!!! So asides from the other shitty stuff (pun fully intended:cool:) that has happened during this trip, verdict is......... I survived!!! :wee:

You survived! Yay! Bet you are glad to be home.

Good luck for your weigh in on Sunday.

Xx
You bet! I've been busy settling back into the routine. It's been no stress at all and I'm back on sole source like lightning. I've been catching up on much needed sleep and water drinking :rolleyes: and today I'm ready to face the scale :D

How are you doing and what has your weigh in been like? Hope you've been able to smash that 50lbs loss? Do share :)

Well done 2stone2bmi that’s amazing! You should be really proud!!

My weigh in went well too! -6lbs so 3 stone 9lbs in total.

We are on a roll!!

Xx

Yeah, it happened:rolleyes:. Smashed up some chicken laps. Then binged on a whole box of pure protein peanut caramel bars. Feeling mighty proud of myself at the moment.:rolleyes:

Anywaysss, life happens, dunnit?...so, you pick yourself back up, relish the binge - afterall what's done is done - and back on plan this morning, with intentions to be as strict as f@ck:p.

Had 15 minutes on the treadmill and intend to pump up the cardio a bit this week - I kinda enjoyed my early morning jogging/walking while on trip - my fitbit steps were through the roof:cool: - so I intend to keep that up as a habit.

At least the 'bar-binge' has totally put me off bars so this week is likely to be a shake/porridge/pasta week. No bars till I feel I can "stomach" them once more....

So........Let the week begin!!!

had half a chocolate shake this morning. Also had my maple porridge for lunch. Due to take my smoothie on my way to the Gym later today. Got to get those steps in :D. Motivated!!! yeah, yeah! :D

NB: Half a shake in the morning leaves me with leeway for the inevitable mid night snack that usually attacks at bedtime:rolleyes:. Experience has shown its always better to plan for these things so we stay on plan:p I can fall back on the half left over then; or even half a bar ... (though not likely as I'm still reeling from the 'bar binge":confused:)

Hey 2stone2bmi!

You're doing fab by the sound of things!! Like you said- life happens... draw a line and move on- sounds like you've smashed it today!! Well done!!

Hey 2stone2bmi!

You're doing fab by the sound of things!! Like you said- life happens... draw a line and move on- sounds like you've smashed it today!! Well done!!

Thanks :) I did but not without battle scars. I've been so famished its ridiculous. I guess I woke up all those sleeping hunger pangs with a vengeance so right now I'm feeling quite sad, hungry and sorry for myself. But the resolve to plod on is strong!!! The force is with me :D

I buttoned up a pair of jeans I've not been able to fit even one leg into since the day I bought it 2 years ago; so even though the fit is not quite exactly where the diva in me wants it to be, :p the fact that it not only fits both legs but actually buttons up...now that is an activity worthy of a whole post being dedicated to it, don't you think...:D

I'm in a retrospective sort of mood this morning...I just got myself thinking generally about obesity, the addictive nature of junk food, lack of self control or willpower ... all the general malardies and malaises that plague those of us blessed with generous fat storage capacity...I mean, while I was on the plane, there was this megally obese woman who sat on the aisle seat - I got the window, bah! - who couldn't quite fit into the seat. At least she was short, so she didn't have to add the cramped legroom space to her 'issues' (I had those 'issues' as a matter of norm back then actually so I can reaaaalllly relate ; I'm 5ft10, remember?). Those air hostesses don't pull any punches or bat any eyelids and before you can say 'phat' they've whipped out those orange nasty belt extenders and strapped you in - all 1,0000 pounds of you...:rolleyes:. The woman was all nice and strapped in before you knew it - very uncomfortably so if I may add.
So what really made me 'write this write-up up' ... :D... was that - when the horrible snacks were passed round - basically carbs and sugar - she was the first I noticed - as that's all I was doing, looking round and observing people - to demolish it all! Gobble gobble gobble down the ol' tum hatch. The neutral guy in the center seat between us didn't even faze while his was handed over to him - he only actually grazed around the stuff and left most back by the end of the flight, - he was of a normal regular height, weight, size etc; but where I'm going to is that I had issues making up my mind from the week before the trip to 'just say no' to the offenders and mentally psyche myself up to keep to that resolve, so that it wasn't too hard to return it back to the smiling pretty lady handing them out. That is, mentally protecting and arming myself from 'mindless eating syndrome' where you just eat food simply because it's there and not necessarily because you like it, you want it or it tastes nice....which the answer usually is no if you care to analyse it that way! The battle with food addiction is real. It never really goes, and it takes a lot of willpower to suppress.
It's one of the reasons that for every day I clock 100% on sole source, I have promised myself to appreciate it and not take it for granted at all.

Rant over...:D

Last edited:
Back