Red Days Used to EE but want to try red?

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Well ive been doing EE since i can remember but have lost focus completely and feel i need to try something different to get me going again! The only thing is im used to having meals with potatos or rice/couscous so would like to ask for ideas for meals on Red :) am going to probably do one red day then one green day etc so dont miss my tats lol x any ideas would be greatfully recieved :) x got to shift this weight onca and for all as its rmbarrasing how many times ive started then stopped eek!

Have a look on the recipe thread or in the diary threads - you should pick up plenty of ideas there.

Also, why not swap your spuds for roasted BNS - not exactly the same i know, but lush anyway.

I have found it very difficult to find a thread which deals exclusively with red days. Not sure if that's just because I'm using the iPhone and iPad apps and doing searches just seems to bring up 376 threads for anything I look for! The red veggie has a thread but I'm not veggie and don't really like meat substitutes. I have found britmom in Canada's slimming eats blog is great as she has lots of recipes which are synned and really tasty sounding. Going to try a few this week.

you can have 200g of new potatoes with skin on, or 230g of baking potato with skin on, or 100g of dried weight wholemeal pasta as HEBs on a red day so no need to miss out! and also i have roasted BNS or BNS chips on a red day too! which are SF! :) X

Hi I'm no expert but I like to try reds sometimes to give me a little boost. You get two h extra b that I use for potato or pasta and it's normally plenty. on a red day I make a big spagetti bolognaise sauce then have it with 100g of pasta or make up some burgers and have 230g potato wedges and then big salad to make up my dinner. It takes a little getting used to the tiny portions of carbs but once the meat and veg is on your plate is ok :) good luck. I find reds really good for losing weight chop chop lol :) xxx

I tried red this week an really enjoyed it! Feel alot less bloated so def going to try do mostly red this week..I used my hexbs this week on bread, a small weighed wholemeal roll, weighed baked beans...but gonna try make some pasta salad with the 100g cooked weight of pasta and some wedges/chips with the allowance of potato :)

Ohh and bns is great as said, great for chips and I also did a bns mash instead of potato mash on sat. You could use swede as well as mash.

Celeriac chips are lovely too on a red day totally free :)

I have rejoined about ten days ago and am doing mostly red days. I was a SW member before doing EE but didn't really get very far. I was eating far too many carbs.

My typical menu so far in the week is to have a slice of frittata for breakfast, a salad for lunch and then having meat veg and a HEX B potato for dinner. I might add a bit of pasta to my salad to make up the second HEX B or have peas with dinner for my veg. If I have pasta for dinner I normally use both HEX Bs on it. I am having a Green day today so I can have some noodles in a stir fry for dinner and last Monday I had one so I could have rice with a veg curry. At the weekend I will have some bread as a HEX B so I have something to dip in my egg in. Roasted BNS "chips" are also nice dipped in an egg if I fancy a sandwich for lunch instead of having the bread at breakfast.

I've just done a week of red and loved it too - and got 3lb loss at the end of it! BNS chips are lush - never thought of trying celeriac but definitely going to give them a go too!

I've tended to use my HEXBs for a bread roll at lunchtime and an Alpen Light and 15g Bran Flakes as snacks. Managing to go carb-less at dinner and not really missing it at all! Having gammon steaks tonight (fat removed) with BNS chips, fried egg (Frylight - of course!) and some veg. Can't wait!

Wow lots of ideas here thankyou all x am getting quite excited about doing this now which havnt felt in a long time :) have even made a plan for the week ahead, starting afresh tomorrow as get weighed in the morning x was going to go in new members bit again to get it all straight in my head but apparently they only talk about EE days now so not worth it really x

Might sound daft but what is BNS? Lol x

Thanks again for ideas will keep on touch with how it goes :)

X nikki

im having pulledpork, with roast BNS and veg, tomorrow is SFCchicken with BNS chips and probably a side salad, weds having chicken base pizza with...not sure yet lol

Oh BNS is butter nut squash lol cool! Not tried that before only in soup so will go out and get one when shopping to try thanks ladies :)

I quite like roasting carrot sticks with bit of fry light too as they come out quite sweet :) x

Does anyone know any good casserole or stew recipes or tips for making them tasty and filling?

Xx

BNS = Butternut Squash.

I peel mine just like a spud - cut into bite size chunks or chip shapes - spray with frylite & sprinkle with Season All - roast for approx 20 mins

Thanks minimunchkins will give them a try :) sound yummy :) x

I made Pete's spicy chicken casserole which was leeks, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, chilli, garlic and allspice. It was lovely and since I was doing a red day I had it with extra stock so was like a chunky soup. Also used thighs instead of breast as I prefer them. Would absolutely recommend it.

Back