Using All Your Points

westiegirl

Gold Member
Just read some of Sandy's really interesting thread about eating all your points in a day.

I'm just starting on my "proper" WW journey today, having messed about for the last couple of weeks counting points in the week and going mad at the weekend.

This week I'm going to go to a local class, having not been able to go because my car was off the road.

Today I have eaten the following:
B: Banana, Grapes & Yogurt - 3 points
L: Roll with chicken mayo, 1 point crisps, strawberries - 5.5 points
D: Quorn bolognese with pasta & parmesan - 4.5 points
S: WW cupcake & WW cheese bites - 2.5 points

That adds up to a total of 15.5 points, under the 22 points I'm allowed.

It's currently 8pm and I rarely eat anything after this time of night (except for alcohol induced munchies :eek:). I know I should have more points but I am not hungry and really don't want to eat anything, so my question is whether I should I have something or not. I have spent so much of my life eating when not hungry, and for so many other reasons than hunger, so it feels odd to "force" myself to have something just because the plan says I have to. I know the reasons why I should (nutrition etc) but it's almost a triumph for me to say - no thanks - I've had enough.

I don't know if I'm explaining this very well but I think in some ways this defeats the object of trying to listen to your body. Mine is not needing anything more so why should I force it to have something to meet a "target".

Just wondering what everyone else does/thinks about this.

What Id probably lean towards doing Sarah is bank 4 of the points from today and work your points out more evenly over the day from tomorrow. Youre 6.5 under, so bank 4 and youre only 2.5 under. 2.5 isnt tooo bad to be under JUST THIS ONCE!!!! :whoopass: or if you have anything else to eat then it would only be a snack youd need to use them up.

I dont think being under on rare occasions will do any lasting harm, just dont make a habit of it ;)

Are you sure you're pointing everything correctly too? 4.5 points for pasta bolognaise with parmesan seems low but it could have been a v small portion of course.

Are you sure you're pointing everything correctly too? 4.5 points for pasta bolognaise with parmesan seems low but it could have been a v small portion of course.

Definately pointed correctly (was very surprised myself) but it was with Quorn and I did only have a small portion. I bulked it out with zero point veg so it went much further. I've got WW scales so I pointed the parmesan on them too (even was very organised and put 1 point portions into small sandwich bags) for future use ;)

What Id probably lean towards doing Sarah is bank 4 of the points from today and work your points out more evenly over the day from tomorrow. Youre 6.5 under, so bank 4 and youre only 2.5 under. 2.5 isnt tooo bad to be under JUST THIS ONCE!!!! :whoopass: or if you have anything else to eat then it would only be a snack youd need to use them up.

I dont think being under on rare occasions will do any lasting harm, just dont make a habit of it ;)

You'll be pleased to know that I had a cappuccino and a cup cake to make up another 2 points - just to please you Miss Starlight ;)

Hey chick :) well done on using those 2pts, and as a bonus you've now got 4 banked (for the weekend?) which is fab! Glad you're now able to get to WIs, it'll help you stay focus til you get used to doing it 100%, 7 days a week!

Nice to see you over on this part of the forum :) xxx

Back