Using ice with shakes

Tallony

I started my CD on Tuesday and read somewhere on this forum that you can use ice in your shakes - I can't find the thread so wondered if anyone knows what to do or how to use it. I am struggling to get them down at the moment !

Many thanks

I put mine in a blender with ice cold water and blend until mixed, then i add a handful of ice cubes and give it a few quick bursts so its like a slush its lovely especially with chocolate mint and chocolate tetras
:) xx

Thanks for that GNIC, much appreciated.

Looks like we have exactly the same statistics, with the exception of you being 2" taller. :)

Jenny

Thanks for that GNIC, much appreciated.

Looks like we have exactly the same statistics, with the exception of you being 2" taller. :)

Jenny

No problems...how did you get on? Did you try one? I just started day 1 again today ready to go. Its bloody freezing today though. Gonna get wrapped up and watch a film or something! When is your first weigh in?

xx

Tried a chocolate shake with ice this morning, and it is one of the best things from CWP that I have had so far. Thanks for the tip :)
Almost like a McDonalds Theresa.
Only thing is it is really cold here too but it was actually really nice.
First weigh in is on Tuesday morning so I am on Day 4 currently.
Jenny

Yeah I have to say that having them with ice is the best! I only have choc mint choc tetras and strawberry tetras coz i just dont like the rest. Although ig this coldness keeps up then i think i will have to start having hot chocs. The vanilla shake is not too bad hot mad into a long coffee...use the shake as the milk and a shot (or 2 ) of coffee. Bet you are excited for weigh in?
How are you feeling?
xx

Jenny: Good luck on your weigh in on Tuesday! Vicnlee27 I use black and red pepper in my soups of corriander in my chili soup but not 100% sure its allowed but consitently lost with this, last time and have last week! Can anyone answer if you can use herbs I cant seem to find my book?

Will try the strawberry one when I go on Tuesday.

Thought it was just me with the soups and porridge and the flavours lol !! Will soldier on and just chose different items next time around.

Have found the choc, choc mint shakes the best so far. The leek & pot soup is 'ok' and I really didn't like the spicy tomato. What is the oriental chilli soup like ? I will try adding coriander, cayenne pepper, chilli etc.. to the soups to see if I can improve the flavours somewhat. Really can't stomach the porridges though. Thanks for the tips !

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Jenny:)

No problem with adding herbs. :) You can also have up to a teaspoon a day of curry/chilli powder in your soups too. The other thing to do with shakes is use mix-a-mousse (available from your consultant) to make mousse (done well it turns out a bit like Angel Delight :)).

Half a teaspoon of sunshine orange flavouring mixed with a vanilla shake makes it taste like cheesecake. :p A teaspoon of coffee mixed with a vanilla shake tastes pretty good too - hot or cold. :)

And have you tried a choc mint shake hot? Lots of people love that. Final tip - get a big mug, pour in a chocolate tetra and top up with hot water - yummy hot chocolate with virtually no faff. Or use a small mug and use half a tetra and save the rest for later. You can always add a tablet sweetener if you have a sweet tooth.

I so need a blender these sound so so nice I have been obsessing over the soups though I am loving them!!! May invest and try some of your ideas guys :)

Will have to take a leaf out of your book, I can't stand normal tap water it has to be cold! and adding in some ice is a brilliant idea =] and I take it that the ice has no effect on the diet? as I know they are very strict in what you can and can't have during the diet.

Back