Valentine's Day Dinner

toliveordiet?

Hi everyone,

How did you all manage for Valentine's Day, what did you cook and did you manage to stay within your syns?

If we all put down our menus it might help people decide what to cook next year.

We had:

Prawn and seafood stick cocktail (Marie Rose dressing made from 1tbsp vlf salad cream and 1/2 tbsp ketchup with a dash of tabasco - max 1 syn each)

Mixed grill (gammon, lamb, pork and steak) with baked tomatoes, baked breaded onion rings (home made say 1 syn each for breadcrumbs), mushrooms and asparagus with syn free pepper sauce

Followed by fresh orange segments, fresh strawberries, sugar free raspberry jelly (1 syn) and mullerlight mandarin yogurt.

Max of 3 syns per person leaving enough for 2 glasses of sparkling rose at 5 syns each. YUMMY

Happy Valentine's Day everyone xx

Mmm that sounds lovely. We are having our valentines tomorrow night as I'm at work until late tonight. I'll be on a red day so the plan is to do some huge juicy steaks with syn free peppercorn sauce and lots of root veggies roasted with fry light and a couple of tblsp runny honey (2.5 syns each tblsp I believe?) Just the one course and as we are being super good until our holiday we are hopefully going to avoid the wine too. Halo's at the ready ;)

Sounds fantastic.
We havent had ours yet as Hubby not home until after 7pm.
Its also our Wedding Anniversary today too, so extra special.

I have made mini quiche with side salad for starters.

I have made stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon with small roasties and an abundance of mixed vegetables for the mains

For pud, I have made a huge chocolate cake (far to many syns) for hubby and our son.
I have made a peach roulade for myself. for pudding.

Mini chocs and the men and for me glass of red wine i think!

I must admit my OH had a few additions to his dinner including a box of Milka praline hearts and squirty cream completely covering his pudding! Good job I'm not a chocolate person!!

Hope you have a fab dinner once hubby gets home ♥

Yum! Thanks for the ideas, the peppercorn sauce sounds good! I made a beef wellington ( of sorts!) as my other half had been on about trying one for ages!
I used a sirloin steak instead of fillet as I have not one the lottery!

Serves 2 6 syns each on red and EE. Not sure about green, would have to work out what the meat would be.

1 large sirloin steak
1 red onion
3 mushrooms
75g of tesco light ready to roll puff pastry (may need to give this an extra roll out to stretch it - or use more for more syns)
Milk or beaten egg to brush over
garlic powder

Chop and fry mushrooms and onions with the garlic powder in frylight and set aside once soft.

Seal the steak in a hot pan and turn heat down to cook a bit more as it wont cook fully in the oven. I cooked it until about medium as we like it well done. When doing this I added a small amount of water to the pan to keep it moist.

Remove steak from pan to cool a bit to make it easier to handle.

Roll out pastry a bit more if needed.

Put pastry on a lined baking tray and place the steak on top.

Top the steak off with the mushroom and onion mix and wrap the pastry over.

Turn upside down so that the join is underneath.

Make slits in the pastry for decoration and brush with egg or milk.

Bake at about 190 for 25 - 35 minutes.

I was a bit worried that it would be tough but turned out just fine!

How did you make the peach roulade? That sounds delicious!

We had.......
Dinner, Beef Stroganoff, side salad, Melon slices.

BeefStroganoff-5Small.jpg

Supper, Sausage,egg & Chips.

SausageEggChipsSmall.jpg

and finely..........
Egg Custards

CustardCakes-1.jpg

CusterdCakes-2.jpg

Back