Valentines meal

princessnicky

I want to cook my OH a 3 course meal or
Valentines day, slimming world style of course. I follow green and red days, but would worry i would mess up a day if i did EE as i just dont get it.

What does everyone think would be a choice of food to cook?

Thanks xxxx

Hard to say really, it totally depends what sort of food you like! Youre probably better off saying a few things you might fancy putting on the menu and then we can think of how we could adapt them to make them SW friendly!

Steak is usually a good option. Salmon?

Just looking at a list of my past V Day possibilities:

Breakfast:
Salmon, champagne and posh coffee

Starters:
French Onion soup
Vegetable and Goat's Cheese Melt
Mackerel Salad with Saffron

Mains:
Venison steaks with berry and juniper sauce
Pan Fried Steak with Roquefort
Coq au vin
Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary, served with Puy Lentils

None of these are SW recipes but almost anything can be adapted to be SW friendly.

Here we go, 131 Valentine's recipes, you can poick something you'd fancy and see how you can adapt it to be SW friendly. Pizza.cake etc are probably not th best options :D

I agree - it depends on what type of food you like. I agree salmon or steak will be a good main (served with mini roasties and veg - you could do posh veg if u wanted).

desert you cant go wrong with strawberries for pud on valenties day. you could serve with a meringue nest or crush up a bit for an eton mess style.

starter wise, what do u like... prawns with sweet chilli sauce would be nice with a little salad. i always like a small starter if i am going for 3 courses.

You won't mess an EE day up - one A choice, one B choice and red and green foods are free. Just remember to have a third superfree with each meal (not pots, peas, beans, sweetcorn, parsnips).
Simple!

I'd go for a winter vegetable soup with a small wholemeal roll to start

Main - steak or venison with potatoes and veg

Dessert - maybe poached pears with sweetened fromage frais or something like that.

Of course, I won't do any of this as I'm going out for a slap up meal - but these would be my good girl choices!

Mmm what delicious ideas!!

Were not really fishy ppl (unless its battered cod! Lol) so a steak for main would be nice :)

The strawberry eton mess type pudding sounds gorgeous! :)

Prawns are a no no, but the soup sounds nice :)

My OH isnt into fancy food if you get me, just pub grub style and indians, much to my disappointment!

Back