• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Varicose veins

suplizi

I see the light!
S: 15st3lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 25.2 Loss: 5st5lb(35.21%)
Heya

I have got them, mine are heriditary too! I have lost 4 stone and feel mine are worse, because I exercise more. They ache and look bad (that could be the warmer weather tho) I am due to go to the doctor this friday to ask about having them sorted! I know I once asked about them a few months ago and was told to come back when my weight was a bit lower (I was already loosing with SW) So I shall read this thread with interest.

Helen x

hey suplizi

Well done with your fab loss!!!

keep us updated on what your dr says - they are always quick to blame everything on being overweight!! i know the weight adds pressure to the veins etc but thin people get em too!!

will be interesting to hear off other people

S: 21st0lb C: 13st4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30 Loss: 7st10lb(36.73%)
I've got unsightly spider veins on my thighs and varicose veins on my shins, they don't ache but I they're tender to touch and I bruise really easily on them. They weren't that visable when I was heavier but with more weight loss they've become more and more obvious. I know I should be grateful that they're not worse but I'm not sure I'll be able to wear anything that shows them as I'd be so embarrassed :(
My doctor says that treatment for them can be painful and expensive if I went private and there's no guarantee that they'd never come back.

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
I have one small one, the beginning of one I think. It only appeared when I put on weight and as I am now losing weight I hope it will stay as it is and go no further.

xx