Varicose veins

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by kimmyj, 17 July 2010 Social URL.

1. kimmyj

kimmyj Member

Does anyone else have varicose veins??

all the women on my mums side of the family have had them from a young age whether they were overweight or not.

unfortunatly i have them too :cry: but just wondered if anyone that has them is seeing a difference with weight loss??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    Heya

I have got them, mine are heriditary too! I have lost 4 stone and feel mine are worse, because I exercise more. They ache and look bad (that could be the warmer weather tho) I am due to go to the doctor this friday to ask about having them sorted! I know I once asked about them a few months ago and was told to come back when my weight was a bit lower (I was already loosing with SW) So I shall read this thread with interest.

Helen x

4. kimmyj

kimmyj Member

hey suplizi

Well done with your fab loss!!!

keep us updated on what your dr says - they are always quick to blame everything on being overweight!! i know the weight adds pressure to the veins etc but thin people get em too!!

will be interesting to hear off other people

5. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got unsightly spider veins on my thighs and varicose veins on my shins, they don't ache but I they're tender to touch and I bruise really easily on them. They weren't that visable when I was heavier but with more weight loss they've become more and more obvious. I know I should be grateful that they're not worse but I'm not sure I'll be able to wear anything that shows them as I'd be so embarrassed :(
    My doctor says that treatment for them can be painful and expensive if I went private and there's no guarantee that they'd never come back.

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have one small one, the beginning of one I think. It only appeared when I put on weight and as I am now losing weight I hope it will stay as it is and go no further.

xx

7. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have one, on my right arm! very odd!

8. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I just had a look - I thought I had a funny shaped vein. On closer inspection it might be a tattoo:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.