Varicose veins

kimmyj

Does anyone else have varicose veins??

all the women on my mums side of the family have had them from a young age whether they were overweight or not.

unfortunatly i have them too :cry: but just wondered if anyone that has them is seeing a difference with weight loss??

Heya

I have got them, mine are heriditary too! I have lost 4 stone and feel mine are worse, because I exercise more. They ache and look bad (that could be the warmer weather tho) I am due to go to the doctor this friday to ask about having them sorted! I know I once asked about them a few months ago and was told to come back when my weight was a bit lower (I was already loosing with SW) So I shall read this thread with interest.

Helen x

hey suplizi

Well done with your fab loss!!!

keep us updated on what your dr says - they are always quick to blame everything on being overweight!! i know the weight adds pressure to the veins etc but thin people get em too!!

will be interesting to hear off other people

I've got unsightly spider veins on my thighs and varicose veins on my shins, they don't ache but I they're tender to touch and I bruise really easily on them. They weren't that visable when I was heavier but with more weight loss they've become more and more obvious. I know I should be grateful that they're not worse but I'm not sure I'll be able to wear anything that shows them as I'd be so embarrassed :(
My doctor says that treatment for them can be painful and expensive if I went private and there's no guarantee that they'd never come back.

I have one small one, the beginning of one I think. It only appeared when I put on weight and as I am now losing weight I hope it will stay as it is and go no further.

xx

Back