Veg allowance?

amethyst

Banned
I'm feeling a little confused.

I find the information on this diet all scattered around the slim and save website I still can't find the list of foods we can have, it's probably just me i don't know but if you could link me up I would be grateful.

My question is really for you guys. I'm on 4 packs a day and some days I have 3 plus a low carb meal with green veg or lettuce/cucumber but what I would like to ask is when I have chilli or spag Bol I like to have some mushrooms and lettuce with it, by doing that do I count that as a low carb meal? And only have 3 packs a day? So that's 3 packs plus veg or 4 packs no veg????

Hope I've not confused you lol.

so far today I've had a soup and chilli meal pack with mushrooms and lettuce so can I still have 2 more packs or just one because I've had veg? (I don't bother with the milk just 1 coffee with splash of milk).

Every day I have:

4 packs (1 sweet porridge, 1 chocolate shake, 1 meal pack, 1 bar)
200g veg
150 ml skimmed milk
Coke zero/Dr Pepper zero - usually at least 2 cans despite promising myself to kick this habit
I chew sugar-free chewing gum - not for long but probably have 2 'sticks' a day at least

I am only in my first week (lost 8.2 lbs in 6 days) but I have done this before, the same way, and lost on average 3.5 lbs/week (after the first week) - which I was more than happy with!

I'm feeling a little confused.

I find the information on this diet all scattered around the slim and save website I still can't find the list of foods we can have, it's probably just me i don't know but if you could link me up I would be grateful.

My question is really for you guys. I'm on 4 packs a day and some days I have 3 plus a low carb meal with green veg or lettuce/cucumber but what I would like to ask is when I have chilli or spag Bol I like to have some mushrooms and lettuce with it, by doing that do I count that as a low carb meal? And only have 3 packs a day? So that's 3 packs plus veg or 4 packs no veg????

Hope I've not confused you lol.

so far today I've had a soup and chilli meal pack with mushrooms and lettuce so can I still have 2 more packs or just one because I've had veg? (I don't bother with the milk just 1 coffee with splash of milk).

The basic answer is:its either
4 packs plus optional veg and milk allowances OR
3 packs, protein allowance plus optional veg and milk allowances! And you must take a multi vit if having protein instead of a pack.
If you are male or weigh over 17st then you get an extra pack a day
So using your example, you can still have the extra pack as you can have the veg anyway :) hth x

I was looking on their website meal planner / weight tracker thing and the option it give you is:
650 / 4 packs + veg
650 / 3 packs + protein meal and veg
650 / Alternating mixed plan
800 / 5 packs + veg
800 / 4 packs + protein meal and veg
800 / Alternating mixed plan

So if you wanted some mushrooms and lettuce with your spag bol that would be a 4 packs plus veg day. If instead you wanted say chicken with veg that would either be a 3 packs plus meal or 4 packs plus meal.

So by the looks of it you can have the 4 packs AND a protein meal with veg if you wanted

I was looking on their website meal planner / weight tracker thing and the option it give you is:
650 / 4 packs + veg
650 / 3 packs + protein meal and veg
650 / Alternating mixed plan
800 / 5 packs + veg
800 / 4 packs + protein meal and veg
800 / Alternating mixed plan

So if you wanted some mushrooms and lettuce with your spag bol that would be a 4 packs plus veg day. If instead you wanted say chicken with veg that would either be a 3 packs plus meal or 4 packs plus meal.

So by the looks of it you can have the 4 packs AND a protein meal with veg if you wanted

You can only have 4 packs AND protein if you are male or weigh more than 17stone tho! It say that clearly on the site :)

I think the original question was around whether something like spicy spaghetti and veg is a low carb meal or not. The answer is no. Spicy spaghetti is a pack, as are the other meal packs, shakes, bars, soups etc. Any packs which you get from SnS are packs and do not form a low carb meal. In addition to your packs you can have some milk and also 200g of certain veg. So you can have spicy spaghetti and veg and still be on 4 packs a day. Apart from the bars (limited to one a day) you can have any type of packs. So you could have 4 spicy spaghetti in a single day if you wished.

Alternatively you can have 3 packs plus a protein meal. So instead of one of your packs you could have 100g of chicken (for example). When used with your vegetable alowance it would be a low carb meal. So you can have a low carb meal in addition to 3 packs.

Hope that helps.

That's cleared it up for me. Thanks guys.

Got night shift tonight so am having 3 packs plus 2 chicken and salads one before I go and one to munch on tonight. Either that or peanuts.

Peanuts are very high in fat and hence calories - I wouldn't go there if you don't have to. Good luck with your journey.

If you go with any nuts try almonds or macademias...

If you're worries about your carb amounts use MyFitnessPal...all the slim and save meals are in there!!!

: ) X

Back