veg and protein meal whilst out/away?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Any suggestions for a pre packaged option for the 100g protein and 200g veg? I'm away this weekend and only have enough packs for 3 a day so need something I can buy ready made.

I often buy a small side salad and sliced chicken breast from Marks and Spencers - it's two separate packages but it works out well. You can get similar things from other supermarkets too. Alternatively you could take along some tins of tuna in water and add it to salads which you buy.

I do the same with chicken and salad from M&S or how about buying a Subway chicken salad - maybe eat in for lunch if near a Subway branch?

Marks chickens breasts I often get

Or prawns

Or if you have time pop to nando or pret for a salad

Went into M&S but they didn't have anything suitable. Only salad that was close was a prawn and tangy citrus one. 135 calories and about 8g of carbs but it had orange and pomegranite in it so though best to avoid. Could have bought a normal salad and chicken but the salad was £2.50 and I'd have had to pick most of it out. Seemed a lot to pay for basically lettuce so I just bought some cooked chicken and had that. Might try subway tomorrow.

You can't get a single pack from M&S. They don't have a 'lunch salad' which is suitable. But you can buy a side salad and a pack of chicken sparately.

They didn't have anything like that, that's what I was saying.

Back