• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Veg Issues

I've made a conscious effort to have a large portion of veg every day since my last weigh in (Weds), which usually contains some, if not all, of the following: carrot, swede, brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, sweetcorn, potato. (I have green days)

I thought this would give me a good weight loss boost and many trips to the loo but it hasn't done the latter - could I be cramming in too many veggies?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lwtblb

Silver Member
S: 11st0lb C: 9st3lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st11lb(16.23%)
If your system is not used to all this veg, it could be a bit confused!!

If ou aren't doing so at the moment, try drinking loads of water.

Ooh no! I have problems processing meat which is why I stick to green days lol. I'll gove it another week and see if it makes any difference.

dehli

Silver Member
S: 13st9lb C: 12st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 1st6lb(10.47%)
Try high fibre things like all bran, weetabix, baked beans, potato skins. You could also eat live yogurt, that should help.

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
veggies take longer to get through ya system.........than meat....
I don't think that's true at all. Meat stays in the gut for 3 weeks breaking down properly and veggies definately don't take that long!

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
S: 14st8lb C: 14st3.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.3 Loss: 0st4.5lb(2.21%)
yeah we don't actually digest red meat properly it has to rot in our intestines not sure bout white though ???? try eating a bit more fruit that usually erm... speeds things up tangerines and grapes

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
S: 16st8lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st7lb(3.02%)
It is a lot of veg to eat so your body is probably just getting used to it. It will eventually make an appearance lol! xx

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
When I increased my fruit intake majorly I got quite bunged up. I was confused as I always thought that fruit makes you go! It does, but I was also told that when you make a major change like that it can back you up for a while until it is a regular part of your diet

Thanks - I'll give it a go for another week and see what happens. I did lose 1.5lbs though which is the target I set myself!

S: 11st3.0lb C: 11st7.0lb G: 9st7.0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: -0st4lb(-2.55%)
Lots of water, grapefruit, and do a bit of exercise. I always find a brisk walk helps get things going!

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
S: 12st11lb C: 12st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.2 Loss: 0st3lb(1.68%)
I agree, grapefruit's an excellent one - speeds your metabolism up too x

S: 11st3.0lb C: 11st7.0lb G: 9st7.0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: -0st4lb(-2.55%)
Seriously, it's through the system in a couple of hours and literally *whoosh* LOL!

TMI?!

S: 13st1lb C: 11st13lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 25.4 Loss: 1st2lb(8.74%)
yeah we don't actually digest red meat properly it has to rot in our intestines not sure bout white though ???? try eating a bit more fruit that usually erm... speeds things up tangerines and grapes
I bought grapes and left them on the coffee table in a bid to get H2B to eat more fruit......
I didn't expect him to eat the whole bag in 1 afternoon.......he spent all evening on the loo (whoops!)