Vegas Baby!!

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
It's my friends 30th this year so we're all off to Las Vegas. I can't wait, it's not til Dec but it gives me the motivation and incentive to keep the weight off until then. Hopefully I'll be at my target by the end of April so I'll have to be angelic to keep the weight off.

I went to Vegas for my 40th & loved it, we went to see some shows, saw Elvis lots :D, went to the Elvis museum which is really good there is lots of memrobilia there, also good to do is Freemont Street & go to the top of the Stratosphere which we did & me & my friend went on the rides there. Wow I'd love to go back but OH didn't enjoy it :cool: You'll have such a lovely time there is so much to do :D

Oh wow. Thanks Michelle. It sounds amazing!!! I've been holding off buying any travel guides yet. It'll be my treat for getting to target! I hope the girls let me go to the Elvis museum, maybe if I nag enough. We're also going to try and get out to the Grand Canyon if we get chance, but there seems to be so much to do I'm not sure we'll get the chance.

And we're also hoping to have a stop over in New York on the way back, fortunately I know NY like the back of my hand so we'll be okay dashing about there.

Oooh only another....*counts on fingers*.... 9 months to go.

Ouh, fabulous! Vegas is so surreal though, but a lot of fun.

I got a drink in a plastic Eiffel tower, I think that was my favourite thing. That and the Star Wars slot machines lol.

Have fun :)

Vegas is amazing! We went last year and are now planning on going back every year!
We didn't go to the Grand Canyon - decided it took pretty much a whole day and there was so much in Vegas itself we wanted to do. However we did hire a car and go to Red Rock and the Valley of Fire.
Stratosphere is really good, slot machines are addictive, plastic Eiffel Tower cocktails are massive, food is brilliant, weather is hot - I want to go back now and not have to wait til September :(

Oooh it all sounds fab!! Especially the cocktails at the plastic Eiffel tower. The girls wil love that!! Can't wait!!!! So excited!!!!!

I considered Vegas last year, as my Mum really wants to see the Grand Canyon, and there's very little else to do in the area BUT go to Vegas.

In the end we went to Hong Kong.

That's not very useful, is it :D

Haha nope, but you should still do it! Although I'm sure Hong Kong is great. You could also do Vegas, Grand Canyon and then San Francisco and Los Angeles which are both great. A bit far but good times :)

Woo hoo, just found out we're going to New York for 4 nights first!! Sooooooooo excited, New York is my city - I love it!!!!!!!

Having just paid off a loan, i have spare cash now so am saving up for a good holiday.

We are thinking of the "3 city break" - Vegas, LA, San Fran, over 10 days

Gives me something to motivate myself with and something to look forward to.

Are you flying between NYC and Vegas?

Yeah, I'd love to drive it though! We talked about driving it, but it would've really added to the cost and we couldn't have all got the extra time off we'd need to do that. It's a shame because a few of us were really up for a road trip. But never mind still looking forward to the trip. Can't wait to start counting down the days - it's a bit soon yet!

OMG!!! New York is just so amazing, you'll have a fab time!

So jealous, let us know how it was x

I love New York too, at first we were just going to go to Vegas, but the deal on the 2 was too good to pass up. I get withdrawals if I don't go to New York at least once a year and I didn't get to go last year so I'm really pleased to be going back this year. I feel so at home there, as a country girl it's the only city I'd consider living in lol.

I miss New York too, I'm always trying to get people to go back. I'm not a country girl but it's probably the only place in the US I'd consider living in. It's just heaven.

There's this show I really wanna see on July 27th and I'm moving back to Canada at the end of June and I'll be busy with the moving in, new job, etc but I'm going to try and coax my friends into going :D

Back