Vege Drink / Bovril stuff

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Chunkymonkey08, 12 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Someone on here told me about an alternative that's much cheaper - well i did my research and printed the details of it off and took them to my LLC today - she says she's never heard of it before but checked the ingredients and they are all the same - the packets are 14 for £6 - this stuff is called Marigold Vegetable Bullion - you can get it from tesco @ just £1.55 a tub and use just a teaspoon full per cup! xx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Wytchy

Wytchy Have a Little Patience x

Slimming World
    Madly enough I actually had a pot of the Marigold stuff in my cupboard which I'd bought to use in a recipe about a month ago but not bothered with it since. I've tried it as a drink and I really love it! I'm sure it's going to help me out if I get peckish. x
  4. Haha - well i really liked the sachets my LLC gave me - she gave us all 2 to try! i reckon i'm gonna find em a great help too - the fruits of the forest water additive is really helping me get it down too!!!
  5. Wytchy

Slimming World
    Yep I got that one this week - I'm trying not to use it 'too' much but I do like it a lot. It's nice to have different tastes isn't it? xx
  6. Yeah - i reckon it'd be much tougher without them - i mean i like water but there's a limit isn't there! I'm alternating between still and sparkling for a bit of variety too! x
  7. Mollysmum

Mollysmum Full Member

does the marigold stuff taste exactly the same? Im not a massive fan of the LL ones but I would try the marigold if it was a bit different.

Also is there a reason why people on her say that they use retardex?
  8. Wytchy

Slimming World
    Not a clue what retardex is.

The Marigold stuff is really tasty tho - have you ever had a hot bovril drink or oxo?? It's like a lighter version of that really, but vegetable stock.
  9. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Cambridge Diet
    Mollysmum, the full salt marigold is very similiar to the LL savoury drinks but if you want a little different, the low salt marigold does taste different. I like them both. Hope you find one you like :) I've used the marigold all the way through my weight loss and it's been a godsend :)
  10. mummytoni

mummytoni Full Member

yoh just testing still works???
  11. greentea

greentea Full Member

lighter life
    thats great news as i cant really afford the extra it costs for the lighter life drink on top of my weekly fee
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.