Vegetable portions on Cruise please advise

Hello, today is my first day on cruise and I'm just after clarification on how much of the allowed vegetables we can have. Firstly can we have it at lunch and dinner or does it have to be one or the other? Secondly could I on a pv day snack on crudités & soup? Or say for dinner have them as a starter followed by protein? Thanks in advance for your help:)

I think the general idea is that you have more protein than vegetables. I tried to eat the same amount of protein on my PV days as I did PP and then add vegetables to that. Some others have the 2/3 protein to 1/3 vegetables rule.

How much did you loose on attack? You should fill in your CP so that others can help and personalise the help. :)

7 lbs is really good! Well done to you!

I tend to have two meals with around a 1:1 ratio of protein to veg.
I do sometimes find my self eating two days of veg every other day, which is not quite intended and weight loss isn't optimised in the same way if you were eating a 1:3 veg to meat.

Some people find the starchier veg, carrots/squash etc cause them to stall a little, I haven't had a problem, but its just finding out what works for you.

The User CP so you can put all your stats in. At the moment there is only a brief amount of information so it is hard to tailor the advice. (sorry it is at the top left on the screen)

Well done on your loss though, you must feel good for that? How long are you doing the diet for? Assuming you have been on the Dukandiet page and got that information :)

Thanks ladies. I did hear that about The root veg. I'm trying to shed my baby weight I don't even think I can call it that anymore as she is 16 months now:) according to the dukan page I need to be on it till febuary. I'm finding the whole diet on general a struggle as I really love desserts and anything sweet. It's real hard as this time of year food is everywhere you look lol

Great start and well done for starting at this time of the year. The sugar craving will go in about five days if you stick religiously to the plan - I could not believe that after a week I was sat quite happily with my 3 year old whilst he tucked into cadbury fingers (they were white chocolate my absolute fav), and wasn't even tempted - that has NEVER happened before especially when I am on a diet!!! So keep going and you will be sugar free before you know it!

I found sugar free jellys v good for coping with the pangs for something sweet.

Vegs- well in theory the ones on the list are ok unlimited but to be honest, there is a limit to the amount you can munch, and a lot of people keep the proportions 1/3 to 2/3. I think if you have a choice, green or leafy veg are preferable, and be wary of root veg, but apart from that veg are ok!

In the "Je ne sais pas maigrir" book, Dr. Dukan sais vegetables quantities are unlimited :)
That is what I love about this diet : you don't have to measure and/or weight anything.

Back