Vegetarian Christmas dinner ideas

VeggieBev

Silver Member
Has anyone got any recipes/ideas for a vegetarian option for Christmas dinner? I'll have the veg, potatoes etc. the same as everyone else, but I need something to substitute the meat. Last year I had a goats cheese & red onion tartlet (bought not homemade! :eek:) which was lovely but this year I'm looking for something a bit more SW friendly. I know I won't completely stick to the plan on Christmas day but I'd like to try and be fairly sensible where I can.

Maybe the quorn chicken fillet would be a nice substitute for the turkey if you wanted to have the 'roast' dinner. I usually have loads of roast potatoes and fill up on sprouts and turnip,carrot+parsnip mash, cauliflower and cheese sauce tops with lashings of knorr savoury gravy! (The nicest veggie friendly gravy I think )

I forgot to say, I don't like Quorn or any similar meat replacements. I really wish I did as it would give me so many more meal options but I've tried them all and just don't like the texture.

I like the idea of the Knorr savoury gravy though - I haven't found a decent replacement so usually go without :(

I forgot to say, I don't like Quorn or any similar meat replacements. I really wish I did as it would give me so many more meal options but I've tried them all and just don't like the texture.

I like the idea of the Knorr savoury gravy though - I haven't found a decent replacement so usually go without :(

Oh its lovely you should try it, i know my friend used to use oxo veg stock cube for gravy but there is no kick in it. This stuff is the best!!!

Oh its lovely you should try it, i know my friend used to use oxo veg stock cube for gravy but there is no kick in it. This stuff is the best!!!

You gotta have proper gravy :D I love Bisto onion gravy best!

Maybe have a look at the mushroom and lentil loaf if you don't like quorn? I like quorn but might cook it as a change! x

You gotta have proper gravy :D I love Bisto onion gravy best!

Maybe have a look at the mushroom and lentil loaf if you don't like quorn? I like quorn but might cook it as a change! x

Yeah I'll definitely give it a go, sounds lovely, just the kind of thing I was looking for.

Back