Vegetarian eating out?

Serenjen

Hello, first post. I did try to search through old posts, but can't find anything.

I need some suggestions for eating out at lunchtime. I work in Central London, so lots of places in reach. The SW site mentions Zizzi, but the suggestions are meat.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's not easy but doable! Zizzis would be tricky and pizza express isn't too bad in terms of calories (leggera pizza and leggera salad) but pretty bad in terms of syns (12.5 for half a pizza!), you'd need flexi syns for a lunch there!

Nandos is good although the veggie burgers are very high syns you can put something nice together yourself for low - salad (free), halloumi (3 syns), spicy rice (2.5 syns) and corn (free if no marinade) and the sauces are 0.5 syn per tbsp. there's also the chickpea couscous salad which isn't on syns online but from memory I worked it out at 12.5 syns I think? Was very much worth it though!

Wagamana is annoyingly bad, saien soba (my fave) is 38 syns and yasai cha han is 17.5 so not so bad but still over a days worth. You can ask them to cool your dish using less oil though and they're usually good at taking cooking requests! The edamame beans are free for a starter though and of course there's the free green tea so all is not lost ;)

Tbh I tend to go to wetherspoons where I get five bean chilli, rice and nachos for 6 syns or sweet chilli noodles for 1.5 syns - it's a bit boring but I know the syns at least. Or I buy a sushi box from tesco or a jacket potato with beans and take it back to work!

Hope that helped a bit xxx

Thanks for the info, also a veggie & new to sw .. so if i find any more ile post here xx

Back