vegetarian low carbing

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by girlygirl1, 13 November 2009 Social URL.

1. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

I posted this here because, being vegetarian, proper Atkins is not possible for me.

Instead I count carbs in quorn and tofu and other meat replacements, and rely on eggs, cheese, nuts and extra vegetables.

I also use Atkins and other low carb shakes daily, and meal replacement bars/sweets etc now and then. I make my own low carb bread - with yeast - following recipes found online.

Since I am now in what Atkins calls OWL - ongoing weight loss - and fairly close to goal, I no longer lose weight at a fast rate. That is fine and indeed is probably best at this stage. I can however eat a variety of good tasty foods in moderate amounts. Amazing!

ps When I do want to lose a bit more quickly I reduce portions and count calories as well as carbs. It works!
    Last edited: 13 November 2009
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.