Extra Easy Vegetarian on EE Greek style!

S.O.

Yia sou from Greece

I rejoined SW online in January and I have found it quite difficult to keep motivated this time around. I've been vegetarian for about 30 years and cook every meal from scratch...partly due to the lack of ready-meal anything here, and because I love cooking. There is also an abundance of great seasonal produce available. So my main problem has been...ahem...constipation. It got even worse when I tried SP for a week. I think I may not have drank enough water so last week I made an extra effort with that and at yesterdays weigh-in I STS. I have been using (and measuring) my HEa & b which is mostly home made wholemeal bread and low fat Gouda and I usually have around 12 syns day. I eat lots of vegetables, beans, and TVP. I keep an online food diary. Any ideas? Exercise has some limitations for me since I have M.E. but I am able to do some.

This morning, after my STS weigh-in, I went for a walk and met a friend who has been away all winter. He greeted me by saying "You be fat". I can only hope something was lost in translation since I am 2kg lighter than last time I saw him! :sigh:

Have a nice day and let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

200g loss this week at yesterdays weigh in. Had to resort to using senna last night though. I might syn some olive oil and see if that helps? I'm guessing no one has any ideas?

200g loss this week at yesterdays weigh in. Had to resort to using senna last night though. I might syn some olive oil and see if that helps? I'm guessing no one has any ideas?

Maybe try mixing your HEs up! Having the same thing every day isn't recommended. Also how much home made bread are you eating? What do you use your syns on? Are you eating enough superfree/speed foods?

Do you have a food diary?

Hi. I make scan bran cakes these days and that helps to clear the system. I didn't have any scan bran, so last night, I made it with just a packet of bran. Although, I have to wait until I have it as a snack later this morning to find out what it actually turned out like! Hope that works for you!

Hello, thanks for your replies.
The home made bread is wholemeal and I have two small thin slices from a 400g loaf. I don't drink milk which is why I usually have cheese and seldom have cereal (although do have porridge made with water instead of the bread sometimes). Cause I'm an online member I fill in the food diary there - every time I eat something it goes on. Not sure how to get it off to share? As a veggie I have always eaten a tonne of vegetables and salad. My syns are quite varied every day and if the food isn't listed I use the calculator. There is usually a 125ml glass of wine there though! Unfortunately I don't dig on fruit, but I have at least an apple a day. I think my water consumption needs increasing. Will also try the bran!

Back