Vegetarian Protein Choices

Colleen23

Hey guys, wondered if being a vegetarian I can use egg as a protein option?
Ive read on some threads I can and others I cant, confused!!

Thanks

Slim & Save told me yes, you can. I think the only two options, for vegetarians, are eggs and cottage cheese. Shame, it'd be good for there to be some other option, like the meat eaters have, but I think that's it, other than just sticking to solely the packs.

Yes - you can have 2 eggs as your protein option. I have read that you can have quorn too but I would check with SnS on that as quorn does contain carbs.

I emailed them and this was the response:

[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]>>You can have tofu, quorn to the value of 150 calories as long as carbs does not exceed 10, 100g cottage cheese or 2 medium eggs.

We will be releasing an online calculator very soon which should hopefully help to give you more choice.
[/FONT]<<

Colleen23 said:
Great, so with egg and milk allowance I could have omelette? I can have the egg cooked n e way I like right ?

As long as you aren't adding calories. So frylight you could use but not oil. An omelette would be fine with frylight - as would scrambled egg, boiled egg, poached egg...

Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and a sprinkle of spring onion feels like a cooked breakie!!

Omlettes are yummy too. Eggs are possibly my favourite protein option.

I love eggs for the protein, also if you check supermarket brand meat replacements are often less carbs :)

Back