Vegetarian Red Days?

FatGurlSlim

My consultant told me I had to do all green days, as I don't eat meat or fish, but actually, it seems like I can do red days, using tofu and meat replacement products as my free food. Also, eggs are high in protein, so are good to base meals around.

I suspect that I personally lose more using red days. I like a mixture, as I enjoy eating all the carbs on green days, but don't think that actually works as well, weight-loss wise.

Any thoughts on vegetarian red days? Or should I really be doing all green?

Thanks!

You certainly can do vegetarian red days as like you said, the tofu and meat replacement products are free (well, some are synned, but you know what I mean).

All you'd be doing really is having a low-carb, high protein veggie day. I do them occasionally, usually completely by accident when I realise I've run out of potatoes...

I have read a lot of times of veggies who go red so that their carbs are limited. If you think there is enough variety within the hex's and free foods it's worth a try. Personally I think weight loss would be great on veggie red days but I'm far too carb dependent to contemplate it!

Thanks. Good to know that it is possible and I'm not getting it wrong!

Celeriac is a really amazing potato substitute - it's lovely roasted, tastes just like roast parsnip but a lot lower in carbs and cals! And you can do nice veggie sausage casseroles with a tomato passata base. Red days are good, because then green days feel like I'm not a diet, as it's so easy to whip up some pasta, or beans and baked potato etc.

p.s. - green days are obviously working very well for you Beegee - 7 stone - wow!

You've actually inspired me to do a veggie red day tomorrow, hehe. I don't eat that much meat normally and yes, I've run out of potatoes. It's a plan.

Do it! I find I eat so much more superfree, as I'm not filling up on starch. It's win-win! (Except for not quite as yummy!)

I am going to try and give this a go. I love celeriac chips done in the acti fry.

I found it really difficult and only lasted a couple of days last time I tried it. I do eat a bit of fish but it makes me feel sick after a couple of days.

It's never occurred to me to try this, I don't think I could cope without my spuds.

Ooooh, what's an acti-fry? Is it one of those fryers where you only need a spoon of oil? Is it any good?

I must admit, when I do veggie red days, I generally use both my HEBs on wholemeal bread, so it's not a particularly low carb day, although a lot lower carbs than green days. I also eat a lot of meat substitutes.

Back