Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
just wondering if there are any other vegetarians doing this plan
if so do you find it easier to do the 4 packs a day
and do you have any tips
I am using up my daughters unneeded cambridge packs and have got into ketosis

come monday I will be doing S and S as my food packs have arrived today

H xx

I think 4 packs a day is probably better in terms of controlling yourself as you don't need to think about food outside the plan. I have messed up when I try to have to small protein and veg meal instead of a 5th pack (i'm a guy)

I swap between three and four. Mostly meat free (was veggie 15,years)

Have occasionally quorn sausage(may find non branded has lower carbs)- if I do I track this into mfp

Boiled eggs, baked eggs, scrambled eggs yum

About the eggs, been searching on here to find out what size eggs we are allowed to use, large medium or small? any help would be great :)

I have wondered that too but I have been using medium eggs from Aldi. The pack says 88 calories per egg, so seeing as I have 2 per day that means I am having a little more calories than the pack I am missing. It doesn't bother me though as the veg allowance and milk allowance can add up to the same, maybe more, if you have it.

I put everything into mfp, usually get large fresh from farm.

When I started the plan I was vegetarian and had been for over 20 years. For the first 6 months I did 4 packs, no veg, no milk. During that time I was thinking about what to do at the end with regards to changing my eating habits. In the end I decided to stop being a vegetarian. This was a really hard decision for me and took me months to make. Being a vegetarian was one of my core values and I had to spend a lot of time reassess who I am and coming to terms with the guilt I felt at chosing my own health over the lives of other beings.

You can eat a really healthy diet being a vegetarian - but I didn't. Eating differently now helps me because I have never overeaten on this type of food. Also, it is hard to get just protein on a vegetarian diet - you can get protein with carbs or protein with fat. I have type 2 diabetes and want to keep my carbs low - even in maintenance. I still feel a little guilty about my decision but I know that it's the right one for me.

Hi everyone..

Find that really interesting weasey. Ive been vegetarian for 22 years & really considering changing for many years but just finding it so hard as its part of who i am!!! Im lucky in some ways that when i was ten & became veggie my mother insisted i kept eating fish so i do have more protein options but im sure i would have a better diet if i ate meat as i tend to eat very carb heavy when im not on s&s!

thanks so much for all the replies

and its very interesting to read Weasey's post
I have been a vegetarian for thirty+ years and am also considering starting to eat meat again and fish
not sure where to start with this and for about 5 years now I have been toying with it and not ventured further as I just dont know where to start :):)

I think the important thing is to think it through for yourself and take the time to do so. I still have the same beliefs that I had before but with some effort I've come to the understanding that I can eat ethically produced free range meat and I have integrated that into my values. It took a lot of effort though and won't be suitable for everyone. If I could eat a vegetarian diet and stay slim and keep my diabetes under control then I would - but when I'm being completely honest with myself I feel that the likelihood is that I would go back to eating the way I did before. I now thoroughly enjoy fish and salad and know that I can eat it without harming my own health.

Good luck in your decisions guys.

I made the same change after 15 years, went veggie aged ten.

I took a long time thinking, but was best choice for my health. Uc and my goals with training.

Saying this I rarely eat it now, and when I refeed lll be considering going back to vegetarian or vegan

For now its the right choice and my health is much better

Think hard and take it slow x

with a major op up and coming I am wondering if adding in fish (to start with) would perhaps be the easiest reentry into eating animal proteins might not be wise
but still thinking

I used to be indecisive but now I can make my mind up
this process of thinking about it is taking forever
need to go research vegetarianism and depression - that might just be the turning point for me

Back