Veggie burgers

mimsickle

I brought a new cookbook last week and made these veggie burgers and they were awesome. Much nicer than the processed ones you get in the shops and reasonably low in propoints too so thought id share. The recipe says makes 4 burgers but these were massive burgers so you could probably get 6-8 normal sized ones out of the mix. The whole recipe i worked out to be about 30 points but that depends on the size of the potatoes and the recipe just said 2 potatoes so had to weigh mine first. So that works out only 7-8 points a burger for the large ones.

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato (4 points)
2 potatoes (6 points depends on potato size)
handful of frozen peas (2)
4 spring onions (0)
1 carrot (0)
1 courgette (0)
100g Haloumi cheese (10)
1 egg (2)
tablespoon plain flour (2)
handful of breadcrumbs (4?)
1 tsp paprika
1 teaspoon cumin

First up put the potatoes and sweet potato in boiling water and bring back to the boil. Then add the peas and bring back to the boil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and scoop out potatoes to cool. Mush the peas up. Spray a pan with some spray oil, fry the spring onion, paprika and cumin until soft. Turn off heat.

Grate a carrot, courgette and halloumi into a bowl and some chopped mint and grate in the cooled potatoes. Mix. Then add the onion mixture, egg, flour and breadcrumbs.

Wet hands to stop mixture sticking and shape into burgers. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to firm the burgers up.

Put in an oven for 30 minutes at 200C.

I had mine in a pitta break and have a freezer shelf of veggie burgers now because there was so much mixture.

Back