Veggie sliming worlders

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PurpleSky, 31 January 2011 Social URL.

1. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey all going to my first sliming world meeting on Thursday(I is excited ^_^) and well i was wondering if there were any vegetarian peeps on here doing slimming world as i wanted to know how you found the food choices and also i dont eat things like quorn or the soya stuff, for one i dont like them and two they make me sick sooo hopefully theres a few alternatives to it.

Anyways i digress would be great to speak toyou all anyway :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello,

Vegan SWer here! I can't eat quorn and I find the plan incredibly easy to follow, there are so many free foods to choose from that I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I eat a lot of veggies, grains, pulses, tofu and sometimes soy meats. It does feel a little centred around quorn at first, but once you start cooking you'll be fine. I just make the old meals I used to love more SW friendly, so I don't even feel like I'm eating that differently.

There are plenty of other veggies/vegans on the board, so I'm sure you'll get some more advice soon

Hope this helps :D

4. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Ahh thats awesome, thank you for repling. Im not overly sure how the whole slimming world thingy works atm but i know it works and flicking through the sw mag i mean my goodness is this really diet foood? lol. Hubby cant make the meetings but he had a look and went ohhh can you put me on it(hes a ominvore lol)

5. Sofartogo!

Sofartogo! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and welcome! I'm new to the site too and have just started back on a real mission to lose weight after having my boys!

I'm also a veggie although I do eat quorn! I'm sure you'll find loads of food u like on SW! Pasta, rice, veg, fruit.. Do u like tofu? You can still have egg and certain amounts of cheese, cereals and bread.

I'm sure you'll find your way with it quite quickly!

V x

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I;ve never really had tofu tbh, though i have bought some today soooo going to have a little experimental session with it tomorrow and see what it is like. Have any of you tried seitien(sp?)

7. Sofartogo!

Sofartogo! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never heard of it! :)

8. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    LOL right ok its a wheat based substitute instead of using soya based ones. Not found anywhere to buy it atm aside form online

9. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've tried and love seitan, although it's usually higher syns than soya because it's made from flour. A lot of the Redwoods mock meats are made from seitan :)

Tofu is ace but can be bloomin' horrible if it's not prepared properly. Before cooking, make sure you drain it and press the water out of it, otherwise it can be too moist and will go soggy. Tofu is great because it just soaks up flavour, so soak it in some soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and spices and it'll be delicious. Otherwise there are plenty of marinade recipes out there. Oh and make sure it's not silken tofu you've bought, which is jelly like and best used for cakes and puddings.

10. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Cool thanks for that i was wondering about the whole syn factor with it seeing its a wheat based product. This is firm tofu(cauldron) and yes i bet its quite horrible without any marinade. Urmmmm think chili and garlic with it and some stir fry veggies, will get andy to try it too lol

11. MissUno

MissUno World Class Oddball

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Everyone else has already advised food wise. I just wanted to drop in and welcome a fellow vegetarian Sw'er...hey there! :)

12. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hello there and thank you ^_^, though it escapes me why i never stumbled across this site before, ahh must be fate ;)

13. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Pescie SWer here! I love Quorn but veggie partner hates it, or anything else that tastes like meat, so don't tend to eat mountains of it when cooking for us both. He also doesn't like eggs so we hardly ever have omelettes (he's a pain in the backside, bloody picky eater!). Easy to get plenty of protein from pulses though, we have chickpea curries quite often, or pasta meals with some lentils thrown in, or cottage pies made with veg and three-bean salad. Tonight will be spinach and ricotta pasta with some puy lentils added, yum!

14. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    I'm veggie too! Hello and good luck with your weight loss x

15. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
  16. fairyella

fairyella Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Vegetarian
    Hey there, I'm a veggie too! I love this diet as it's so vegetarian friendly. I've tried other diets before and found them really hard.

I love Quorn, but make plenty of things without it. One of my faves, which is reall quick is an arribiata sauce, just frylight some red onions and peppers with some chili, add a jar of passata and a dash of Tobasco then serve over pasta. Also you could try mixed bean chili, I love adding the Heinz sweet chili mean beanz! Yummy!!

Good luck with your weight loss, you'll do great!! x sarah x

17. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks guys for the support, urmm a *diet*in which you can eat pasta. Do they tell you how sw actually works as it obviously does but it always sounds like it shouldnt lol. Spoke to the consultant who runs the group i'm going to, sounds lovely and she said the group is really nice tooo, i'm actually bricking it a little bit tbh lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Don't brick it PurpleSky lol. You are going to be eating delicious, healthy food while turning more fit and gorgeous by the day. It is a win-win situation so you have nothing to fear. Just trust the plan and it will work :D

20. Aimee

Aimee hiya!

Hey there! can i ask what kind of tasty meals can you eat as a vegan? I'm a vegetarian but may have to cut out dairy products for health reasons. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.