Veggies?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by txgardenia, 3 August 2011 Social URL.

1. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I am doing Exante TS, but for the last 3 days I have been going absolutely mad with cravings for broccoli. If this were a junky food craving, I would ignore it and just think it is detox. But broccoli? I am wondering if perhaps I should listen to my body and have some. As far as I know, it will not affect ketosis, right?

I have had this craving for broccoli a couple other times. Once when I had a terrible flu and hadn't eaten for days, and at the end of it all I could think about was broccoli! And another time when I was doing Atkins. Maybe my body wants fiber or something.

Any thoughts appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spf 40

spf 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
  4. messyfreckle

messyfreckle Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm not veggi, but i've been craving brocolli from day 4 onwards! Never even really liked it before (unless it was covered in gravy...mmmmmmm). Have also been craving cheese, and I don't even usually eat cheese.

Oddness x

5. Mamakash

Mamakash ONE HOT MAMA

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Had really weird craving for oysters last weekend ( yeah I am so posh I normally live on them and champagne ;) ) ended up buying 1/2 dozen .....and eating them !

6. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I am sure that I don't have cancer, but thank you for the link :) I used to crave okra... I once drove to the 24 hour grocery at 4AM to get a carton of okra. I hope that doesn't happen again because I haven't even seen okra pods being sold in the UK! I think I am just used to having veggies and my body is really struggling with all this concentrated fiber-less food.

7. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella overworked underpaid mum!

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE plan now Exante TS
    u saying that, i craved chicken ALL day today. and pastrami which i love! day 1 i needed salt, something, anything with salt in. i am a savoury person over sweet anyday so i found that odd. so the next day i went on a bullion mission and came home with 3 pots!

8. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

Well, after ignoring my broccoli craving, I lost my appetite completely and felt so sick that I ended up eating a sandwich at 9PM after having nothing but water all day. Lesson learned, I think I need to go ahead and have vegetables if that means I can stay on this diet. As long as they are low carb I don't think it will hurt anything. I was wondering, why did I get so sick and lose my appetite?.. and then I wondered if it was my body using exclamation points because I had ignored the question marks. I will do the shakes and soups again tomorrow... and if i start craving veg, i will have some. maybe that will keep me from getting nauseated. This diet is definitely trial and error.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.