Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Veggies?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by txgardenia, 3 August 2011 Social URL.

1. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I am doing Exante TS, but for the last 3 days I have been going absolutely mad with cravings for broccoli. If this were a junky food craving, I would ignore it and just think it is detox. But broccoli? I am wondering if perhaps I should listen to my body and have some. As far as I know, it will not affect ketosis, right?

I have had this craving for broccoli a couple other times. Once when I had a terrible flu and hadn't eaten for days, and at the end of it all I could think about was broccoli! And another time when I was doing Atkins. Maybe my body wants fiber or something.

Any thoughts appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spf 40

spf 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
  4. messyfreckle

messyfreckle Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm not veggi, but i've been craving brocolli from day 4 onwards! Never even really liked it before (unless it was covered in gravy...mmmmmmm). Have also been craving cheese, and I don't even usually eat cheese.

Oddness x

5. Mamakash

Mamakash ONE HOT MAMA

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Had really weird craving for oysters last weekend ( yeah I am so posh I normally live on them and champagne ;) ) ended up buying 1/2 dozen .....and eating them !

6. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I am sure that I don't have cancer, but thank you for the link :) I used to crave okra... I once drove to the 24 hour grocery at 4AM to get a carton of okra. I hope that doesn't happen again because I haven't even seen okra pods being sold in the UK! I think I am just used to having veggies and my body is really struggling with all this concentrated fiber-less food.

7. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella overworked underpaid mum!

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE plan now Exante TS
    u saying that, i craved chicken ALL day today. and pastrami which i love! day 1 i needed salt, something, anything with salt in. i am a savoury person over sweet anyday so i found that odd. so the next day i went on a bullion mission and came home with 3 pots!

8. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

Well, after ignoring my broccoli craving, I lost my appetite completely and felt so sick that I ended up eating a sandwich at 9PM after having nothing but water all day. Lesson learned, I think I need to go ahead and have vegetables if that means I can stay on this diet. As long as they are low carb I don't think it will hurt anything. I was wondering, why did I get so sick and lose my appetite?.. and then I wondered if it was my body using exclamation points because I had ignored the question marks. I will do the shakes and soups again tomorrow... and if i start craving veg, i will have some. maybe that will keep me from getting nauseated. This diet is definitely trial and error.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.