Velma gets healthy

thejoyofanonymity

I've been really on and off this site (and my diet!) and I know I do better when I have some accountability, and what better way than to do a diary on here. I've started back up to Slimming World, and was pretty upset to see I've put on a whole 2st since I was last on this site on 2015 so getting that off is definitely goal number one. I meal planned over the weekend, bought good food in, and for the first time in a loooooong time I've been having proper meals so thought I'd share my daily food diary and keep myself on track.

There will be days I go over on my syns (I love wine too much - haha) but I'm going to try to keep in over a whole week where I can and just do my best.

So, to yesterday's food:

BREAKFAST
Weetabix x 2 (HEb) & raspberries with 250ml semi-skimmed milk (HEa)

LUNCH
Bacon & egg fried rice (free)

DINNER
Scottish Slimmers Venison sausages x 3 (1.5 syns)
Bacon & egg fried rice (free)
Reduced salt & sugar ketchup (0.5 syns)

IN BETWEEN
Wotsits (4.5 syns)
Klix coffee (6 syns)
Banana
Sugar snap peas

Total Syns: 12.5

I got held up late at work today so I had a really late lunch, and made too much... so had a smaller second portion of the same thing for my dinner just for ease. Was really impressed that I didn't go and buy fast food when I got hungry on the way home from work. I went over on syns but the wine was worth it ;)... I had hoped to get a nice no/low alcohol bottle but couldn't find one so I'll need to find a way to get it to help with my syns allowance.

Today's food:

BREAKFAST
Scottish Slimmers Venison sausages x 3 (1.5 syns)
Sugar snap peas

LUNCH
Baked potato, salmon fillet & salad (lettuce, cucumber & tomato) with fat free dressing
2 x dairylea light triangles and 20g reduced fat cheddar (HEa)

DINNER
Salmon fillet & salad (lettuce, cucumber & tomato) with fat free dressing
500ml 12% rose wine (20 syns)

IN BETWEEN
Seafood sticks
Beetroot
Pickled onions

Total Syns: 21.5

Welcome back!

Don't worry! You will have that 2 stone off in no time!
Thanks so much Ponytales - I really hope so.

Had WI in tonight... I joined a few weeks ago and hadn't been back so rather than that pay extra back fees I rejoined. Good news is I lost 1.5lbs (although that isn't technically logging as a loss now since I rejoined but it's given me a wee boost in confidence that I can do this :)

Yesterday's food:

BREAKFAST
Weetabix (HEb) with 200ml semi-skimmed milk (HEa)

LUNCH
Wafer thin turkey
Salmon fillet
Lettuce, cucumber, tomato
Grapes

DINNER
Pasta and cheese (6 syns)

IN BETWEEN
Wotsits (4.5 syns)
Cheesestrings x 3 (9 syns)

Total Syns: 19.5 (oops)

And today's food (I've skipped too many meals today, not the best really. But still on plan :)

BREAKFAST
Nothing

LUNCH
Big mac in a bowl (but with reduced sugar/salt ketchup) (0.5 syns) & 2 x dairylea light slices (HEa)

DINNER
Nothing

IN BETWEEN
250ml red wine (12%) (10 syns)
Beetroot, pickled onion and seafood sticks

Total Syns: 10.5

Back