• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Venison sausages

Hi everyone

I read somewhere on here earlier about someone having venison sausages for lunch today, but I can't remember where I read it! Sorry :rolleyes:

I just wondered a) what were they like - nice? and b) was it the Tesco Finest ones that worked out at 1 point each? I'm just doing my Tesco.com order and wanted to get something different for dinners next week, but on the Tesco website it gives the NI 'per serving' and I'm not sure if that is per sausage or per 2 sausages (I know that the 'per serving' on their healthy living sausages are per 2, so wasn't sure about the venison ones).

Can anybody help? I don't want to add them to my shopping unless I know they're ok!

x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st7lb C: 14st11lb G: 11st7lb Loss: 0st10lb(4.61%)
Hey hun, that was me!!

They are indeed the Tesco Finest ones- 6 per pack. Values are 120 kcals and 1.8g sat fat per 2 sausages grilled.

They are "made with prime venison marinated in Merlot red wine. Blended with fresh garlic, chopped tarragon and parsley. Deliciously seasoned with sea salt, fresh orange zext and crushed juniper berries"

Trust me you wont be wanting to ruin these with gravy or sauce, which is just what we need on WW i think to help us keep points down as sauces are full of them!!

Hope that gives you the info you need hun xxx

Brilliant!! Thanks sweetie - I've just added them to my shopping :) Can't wait to try them! Thanks for the tip - I would never have even thought about looking for them before (I think I would have just naturally assumed they would be high in points). I've never had venison before, so I'm a bit nervous to try them (I'm not good with new things, haha) but OH loves venison, so it'll be a nice treat for him...he doesn't need to know I only ordered them because they're only 1 point each does he, heehee!

Thanks again love! x

Lol I know what you mean, I saw them on the shelf by accident as I was looking across the sausages to see what had a low sat fat content and all of a sudden I shuddered to a halt when I saw 1.8g!!! So unusual to see a content that low- must be due to the venison or something. I have never tried it either but it is soooo tasty!! Yummy, enjoy!! xx

Ooh, I can't wait to try them now. I think I'll do them with mash potato and peas...will that go? (like I said, I've not had it before so I'm not sure what you're 'supposed' to have it with).

mmm yes mash will be nice, maybe carrots instead of peas would be better suited, or cabbage.... x

Ooh, I like baby carrots, so I think I'll get some of them then. Yum! I'm so looking forward to trying them now! I'm so sad, haha

I think we've scared them off, lol.

Right, I'm off now, need to do OH's lunch for tomorrow and then I'm off to bed.

Catch ya later!

x x x