very confused about GI

*Trying-again*

Plodding on til its gone
Hi im a complete beginner with GI I could really do with some advice. Is it the same as low carb diets? I suffer with pcos and have not had much success on slimming world and need to change direction as this weight needs to go. Ive always had green days on slimming world and it hasnt really helped atall this time round which is very disappointing.

Id be interested to know where to start on this plan or a low carb plan and also what success anyones had on it compared to slimming world. Ive tried weight watchers and its not the plan for me atall so would love to know more about this.

Many thanks

Karen x

Hi Karen, low GI isn't low carb and you don't count carb grams, but it is lower carb than something like SW green days :) and the focus is on 'good' carbs.

I did SW and have found low GI works better for me although I don't have pcos.

Rick Gallop's Express GI Diet is an easy starter, and there's also a book called The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS which might help you. I haven't read that specific book but have others by the same author that are good.

Good luck in whatever you decide! :)

Thank you :) Ill have a look at those books, they sound helpful x

Hi -I would also have a luck at Patrick Holfords book -the GL diet made easy is really easy and practical -this is where I started, although the principals are the same re your plate and dividing it up. And start just making a few changes --and getting used to carb portion sizes...

Thank you Reddress (good name by the way) :)

Back