Very Dark Pink verging on Purple..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ELAY, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. ELAY

ELAY Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    This is what colour my Ketostix went. I've only got them today and this is the first one I have done. Is this something to worry about?Just that I thought they were only supposed to go to the 1st Pink...???

I've been drinking my water... I'm now onto my 3rd Litre.

Thanks xxx:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Mine was too - on day 6. My CDC didn't seem too bothered though, said it was fine. Will be interested to see the other replies!

4. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    It doesn't matter what colour they are as long as they are not the first colour. The colour has no indication of what level of ketosis you are in, you are either in ketosis or not... the darker it is the more ketones are thrown out, but it could also mean that you haven't yet drunk enough water, the darker colour could indicate that you are slightly dehydrated....

5. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    My CDC told me to avoid the darker end as it meant I was dehydrated! But if I ever bother to do them, which isn't often I'm always dark, unless I've just drank a litre of water. I wouldn't let it bother you.

6. clover

clover Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Hi

I would agree with Chlo and say this may be because you are dehydrated. Keep drinking the dreaded water;)

Take Care:)

7. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

from what people say, ketostix arent that reliable and also arent necessary.
    The colour can change depending on a lot of things.. for isntance if you have a large capacity bladder :) and can hold a lot of wee, then their will be more ketones which might show as darker.
    First thing in the morning its usually darker.
    If you have a lot of fluids quickly that goes straight through the ketones can appear very diluted.

As long as you are having the recommended amount of water and drink more if you feel thirsty, then I wouldnt fret,
    Don't try to force loads of water in to get the colour to change as if you have had 3 ltres water you are prob not dehydrated,
    Just drink more if you feel you need.
    And you dont need to keep testing as it is just one more thing to worry about!

x

8. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I agree with Cloe too, def need more water. It should just be in the pink, or just over that. I only get to light ketosis, and some ppl never get a reading, but symptons say they are definately in it. Weird, but if we are loosing? xx

9. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It doesn't necessarily mean you are dehidrated (after 3 ltrs I would definately say you're not dehydrated). It can just mean you produce a lot of ketones in your bloodstream and in order to get rid of them it has to basically have an overflow into the urine. It could just mean you have a lot of overflow hun.
    I really wouldn't worry and I personally would throw away the ketostix they're horribly addictive things that aren't needed as long as you are losing weight and aren't hungry!;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.