Very Disappointed.

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
First day on CD yesterday and only thing I deviated from the plan was in the evening meal (I'm on SS+) I didn't have any cucumber so I had a little bit of chicken and 3 small baby tomatoes, as part of a normal SS+ meal.

Went to bed really pleased to myself that I had managed to stick with it for the first day. Woke up this morning thinking, it would be fantastic if Ive lost 3 lbs (done before), be great ios 2lbs lost, didnt really want to lose just 1 lb but at least it would of been a loss. Stepped on the scales ..... and GAINED 2 LBS. How I done this I don't know. I didn't measure myself but would of thought as it was my first day some weight would of come off.

Because of this first result, it's gonna be extra hard to keep at it today. Not a good start at all :mad:

How strange... And I take it from your username that you're a man and therefore it can't even be your hormones playing havoc with your body...

Are your scales good? Have you moved them since you last used them? Dropped them?

That must be really frustrating ;-(. Did you drink enough water? Whenever I start it takes 2, sometimes 3 days to show on the scales so keep going today and don't let in knock you back. Good Luck.

Ah, I didn't drink a lot of water, but thought that as it was my first day the weight loss would still show.

You must be one of the unlucky ones (like me!) suffering from water retention problems then. Solution? Drink regularly. I drink water in half pint bottles. It doesn't look so daunting and it's easier to carry around .

Good luck Paul :)

Did you drink anymore water? I'm terrible at drinking it too. Hope the losses are starting to show - if not give it a week - bet they will then ;-)

You will have lost, it might be your scales or anything. That is why we aren't supposed to keep hopping on the scales. Be careful with tomatoes they have carbs and we are supposed to avoid (though I doubt they are responsible for a 2lb gain).

I am sure you will lose loads for your next weigh in (official or otherwise)

Just avoid the scales full stop. Get weighed at your weekly meeting with your CDC and don't go near them until then. If you keep trying to see what you have lost every day, your going to go bonkers. Trust me, the time soon passes on the diet, before you know it, your at week 8.

I agree with Martyn, Get rid of the scales. You'll go down in weight whether you look or not, so instead of being disappointed when you step on & you've gained one day or 'only' lost a pound another, you'll have a lovely result on weigh day :)

Also are you sure baby tomotoes are allowed as they are so high in sugar which could have knocked you out of ketosis! Plus gain especially if ketosis didnt kick in yet! But yeah def get rid of the scales!!! It's scientifically impossible for this diet not to work! Chin up and stick with it... no really as stress can release the evil cortisol hormone which can make you fat :D

Last edited:
Definitely no tomatoes of any kind!

Back