VERY excited!!!

Smurfette

Silver Member
i just made my first tray of duffins (dukan muffins) and popped them in the oven!
Changed the measurements a little as only have a 6 hole tray so kinda made it to fit if ya get me ! Also had no powedered milk so put in skimmed milk and had no vanilla either but heres hoping they still taste good!

Plus it means I will still have a little OB for my dinner tonight so will try to make skinny wrap type galette and see how i get on!

All excited now!

oo i hope they come out nice for you ..i took a couple of goes with mine to get them good ...toffee muffins are my favourite

I am more than a little disappointed :( the muffins came out grand an thy were hot so left them to cool... And had one there a while ago... Not overly impressed! I mean they're lovely and moist but there's no real kick in them .. I don't know what I expected tbh... Tho I def like my hot galette much more and will look fwd to having one 2m

Hm, you could try and make them into savarins (sp?) - make a syrup with sweetener, maybe flavouring for a kick (classic is rum or a pina collada) to moisten them and chill; then mix a tiny bit of yoghurt with sweetener, flavouring and pure gelatine; when it cools down, whisk till fluffy and decorate as if it is the cream it is meant to substitute.

O fractal thank u so much for the suggestion but I'm afraid I am a fan of the straightforward an simple culinary school!!! It sounds like sthg I could only mess up! The muffins are a nice change but I'm happy to stick to the galette and get the sf jelly kick for now! Might try them again in couple weeks and see if I can add in the vanilla or the cocoa or sthg! Thanx tho for taking the time to teach me sthg new! Maybe one day!! Xx

That's a shame, smurfette. Whilst I don't think they're packed with flavour, I do enjoy the toffee yoghurt taste. Most of all, though, I think Em hits the nail on the head for me with regard to the "cake-iness" - that's something I really missed on this diet and the muffins make me feel as though they're a bit of a treat. :)

Me, I don't miss the cake-ness, but rather the flavours. Have succumbed and ordered today from DrD's shop creme brulee, caramel and honey flavours; the funny thing is I don't miss the taste of houney and caramel and brulee, just the flavour; and being an obsessive-compulsive shopper, my fridge/freezer might be almost empty but the spice rack (probably over 50 different spices and herbs) and the flavourings (about 10 so far but will keep collecting) never run out. Argh, warned you I have been perverted...
The truth is I like it like this cos with the staple diet stuff one can make different combinations every day.

i just made my first tray of duffins (dukan muffins) and popped them in the oven!
Changed the measurements a little as only have a 6 hole tray so kinda made it to fit if ya get me ! Also had no powedered milk so put in skimmed milk and had no vanilla either but heres hoping they still taste good!

Plus it means I will still have a little OB for my dinner tonight so will try to make skinny wrap type galette and see how i get on!

All excited now!

What recipe did you use? I've never used powdered milk or vanilla in mine!!!! (and "vanilla muffins" without the vanilla ;) would definitely be lacking some taste!!!)
:D

(and "vanilla muffins" without the vanilla ;) would definitely be lacking some taste!!!)
:D
Here's something Duk-inspirational from Emily Dickinson:
To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee--
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.
The revery alone will do
If bees are few.

Substitute revery with vanilla, and stick to clover (OK on PV) and bees (PP), oops, eggs and bran, that is.

Am I hungry, or what huh...:break_diet:

That's lovely fractal...

Very deep there fractal!! And Jo I got the receipt from the receipe area of the forum -maybe u misread... Anyways I have to kinda take it all back...

Waking up this morning and having a pv lunch to make it was lovely to know my muffins were ready for me to grab on the way out thedoor! It wasn't as disappointing this morning and I akshully enjoyed it!!!
Had another this evening As a lovely filler til dinner!

I maybe making these again afterall!!!!!!

Oops meant to say maybe * I * misread!!! sorreee.. Always prone to misspellings when typing on the itouch!!

Back