Very excited!!

Kurlyk8

Good evening all,

After years and years of yo yo dieting, stuffing my face and starving myself for a Saturday night - I have decided to get me weight off for good and have picked the Cambridge Diet!

I've had a friend who tried and failed, she said it was really hard to stick to as you pee every 5 mins your breath smells and you get headaches! Sounds crap but being overweight is much worse!

Sooo is there is anyone else currently on this diet or starting it? I start on Tuesday so I have the weekend to eat solid food before I go on the shakes! Any advice or encouragement will be greeeeat!

Hey hun, i'm starting on Monday. You do get bad breath from the ketones but i've got a little breath spray so thats ok, you'll get headaches and prob be hungry for the first 2-3 days but after that it passes and gets easier apparently. I'm easing off the carbs now so i don't get such a bad headache when i start, just make sure you drink plenty of water but not too much at once.
Its is going to be hard but you're right being overweight is worse and we just have to remember, its not forever just need to stick with it.

Ah thanks - its great to know I'm not the only one!

hi kurlyk8, well done on your decision and welcome.

thhere are loads of us currently doing cambridge - have a read of this diary forum, and also the main CD forum for some useful advice and tips, and some motivating experiences. I've been doing it for three months now and i've lost 3.5 stone. I've found it a little bit disruptive to my social life, but otherwise, the physical stuff is much easier (after the first week or so) for me than being on any other kind of diet.

Hi guys!

Well I met my CDC today and she gave me my box of shakes! Ooh yum yum! I got weighed and I'm 15 stone 7 pounds which is the heaviest I've ever been in my life! I'm 5 ft 3! Boom! Took some before photos which I laughed my head off at - I didn't realise how bad I looked from the back! I'm going to print off some copies and keep one in my bag and one on the fridge to stop me from straying.

I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really excited - I know this is going to work for me and I can't wait to get into my clothes properly again! I'm going to post my weight loss week by week so you can see how I'm doing, I'm having my measurements done monthly. I hope you are all ok and doing well!

Back