Very Hungry Caterpillar turns Butterfly (hopefully!)

Amelie24

Hello SlimmingWorlders,

I'm quite new, I've tried Weight watchers (with some success), SlimFast (for a week- couldn't stand any more!) and reducing my calorie intake to 840 per day but have put on 3 stone in the past few years! I actually put on a stone from November-February and another from April-May so I need to lose those and another couple!

I started Slimming world on the 8th May and lost 7.5 pounds in my first fortnight but have missed 2 weeks now and been binging like a crazy thing!

I am going to weigh-in at group tomorrow anyway and see how things go!

Anyway, hi everyone! xx

Last edited:
Hi Amelie... how are you finding SW? Would say welcome, well I can, but I'm also a newbie here and not had a hideeho from anyone yet... so from one newbie to another HALLOOOOOOO!!! :D

I seem to go off track especially when I go on leave... arrrrg... my hubby aint the most supportive person, but hey ho... I'll get there!

Good luck for the journey ahead!!!
:girlpower:

Hi Amelie... how are you finding SW? Would say welcome, well I can, but I'm also a newbie here and not had a hideeho from anyone yet... so from one newbie to another HALLOOOOOOO!!! :D

I seem to go off track especially when I go on leave... arrrrg... my hubby aint the most supportive person, but hey ho... I'll get there!

Good luck for the journey ahead!!!
:girlpower:

Yay! thanks Andi :) Welcome to you too!!

I'm finding Slimming world is good but that I really have to change my binge-eating habit and replace all the syny foods that I get through with free foods. How about you?
That's ashame that your hubby isn't that supportive! but hopefully you'll get lots of support on here! do you have a slimming diary?

xxx

Okay so I've just been to weigh-in! I have unofficially lost 6lbs from last week (see weights below) and officially put on 1lb since my last weigh-in a fortnight ago.

I'm happy about this because I usually give up and gain huge amounts in a short period of time whereas instead I've got a bit more control this time and 1lb on is nothing :)

thats fab that you have got yourself back on track as it isnt always easy when you fall off the wagon ive been doing sw since feb and have to say i love it and other than making better food choices and sorting hex and syns it really doesnt feel like a diet i think you will enjoy it

thats fab that you have got yourself back on track as it isnt always easy when you fall off the wagon ive been doing sw since feb and have to say i love it and other than making better food choices and sorting hex and syns it really doesnt feel like a diet i think you will enjoy it

Thanks Cat, looks like you've had impressive weight loss since Feb! I agree & think once I get to grips with free foods a bit more it won't feel at all like a diet! Just wondering- how many syns do you have each day? I've been having 15-25 each day and I know 15 is actually max. but do most people have 5 or 10?

xx

i mostly have less than 10 sometimes around 5 but then i have days where i will have 20 (oops) so over a week it prob averages out at 10 a day topps i use less now im used to the diet but found i used alot at the beginning before i discovered how to get creative with syn free versions

i mostly have less than 10 sometimes around 5 but then i have days where i will have 20 (oops) so over a week it prob averages out at 10 a day topps i use less now im used to the diet but found i used alot at the beginning before i discovered how to get creative with syn free versions

yeah I think I should be doing that too! what do you have as treats? do you also keep a track of the syns over the week- so if you had a blip and had 30 in one day then it wouldn't matter if you had none for 2 days? xx

yeah I think I should be doing that too! what do you have as treats? do you also keep a track of the syns over the week- so if you had a blip and had 30 in one day then it wouldn't matter if you had none for 2 days? xx
i actually write down all my food even if im way over just got a cheap diary and write my food in every day ... it keeps me on track i have crisps or mini choc bars allsorts really as my syns i make low syn puds too or have jelly but mainly i have yogurt as i love it i even put it in my icecream maker to make syn free icecream
if you like crisp aldis own version of frenchfries are only 3.5 syns and a pound for a pack of 10

yum, I hadn't thought of making syn free froyo that sounds good! I sometimes have no added sugar jelly but crave chocolate and crisps a lot- I'll try Aldis frenchfries- thanks :)

3lbs off this week- yay! I'm very happy about that. I'm also trying to make sure I run rather than jalk (jog-walk) every day and think that's helping.

I'm going to try to avoid snack related syns this week! unfortunately I had a mars ice cream tonight cos I had acid and it did help!

Anyway I can't wait to get into size 14s again :) xxx

Been up and down with my losses and gains recently. I've had a lot of stressful things happening at home.
I put on 3lbs last time but it was * week and had a few tricky weeks!

x

Back