VERY NEW BUT WILLING

Jack cooper

Hi there all, I'm brand new to slimming world but not new to dieting, I need some advice on the alcohol side of things and the Syns they use up, beer and red wine specifically, or am I just best off cutting it out all together?? Any advice would be massively appreciated, thanks

I'm in the same boat. Food isn't so much the issue as I like the food you can eat on SW. Not a big chocolate or cake fan. But beer...thats my thing!

I like big ABV beers (6-7% IPAs and alike). 440ml of 6% beer is 14.5 syns, so in theory you could have 1 beer a day and still be under.

My plan is to have one beer every other day and on the non days stick to 10 syns. Hopefully this will work for me.

Hi Jack, welcome to Slimming World! I'm with you on the alcohol, I do like a drink! Not sure about beer (I love it but the syns are just too high for me to justify it, as per lifebeginsagain's post above) but red wine is 5 syns for a 125ml glass (the 10-12% wine). That's 30 syns a bottle or 15 syns for half a bottle, which is do-able on SW if you only use that as your syns. If it's just a glass or two that you like though then it's completely feasible to include it as part of your plan. I usually have wine on the weekends and find it doesn't affect my losses (it's the snacks I have while under the influence that tip the scales but if I manage to avoid those my losses are pretty good!) :)

Thanks to both of you guys! I went to my first meeting after posting this thread, now I've got my book I'm amazed at how flexible it is, I think I'm gonna have only 2 bottles of beer in any one day, with what I drink it works out at 13 Syns, then maybe a bottle of wine at weekend if I'm good, but perhaps spread out

Hi and welcome :)

Beer and wine are quite high. I find I dont enjoy just having one glass of wine. I should be satisfied but I prefer to have a bottle on a Friday night.

I have some syns during the week but I try not to blitz them all so to have my bottle of wine.

Back