Very proud wife! what an inspiration....

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
Just wanted to say how very proud i am of my hubby!!
after losing over 8 stone on slimming world he,last sunday,completed the London marathon in 4 hours 41 minutes!!!
he was raising money for a local cancer hospice(in the name of a friend that died last year) and he raised over £1,100!!!

aside from being very proud i just wanted to post this as i personally think its awesome,shows just what you can do and serves as a massive inspiration.

when he started following slimming world 3 years ago( we started easter monday 2010!) he was nearly 24 stone and couldnt have ran around the block,lol!!

and you dont have to do it all the way....he didnt start running at all until he was very nearly at target(xmas 2010) and has since done 4 half marathons as well as other races and now the london marathon.

anyway i'll stop boring you all now,lol x

Wow well done to your hubby that's fantastic. I'm just about to embark on my exercise goals, after a hip operation a couple of months ago its still very sore but I have to do something so I've bought a cross trainer and a cycle helmet (already have the cycle) Hopefully as they are low impact activities I should be ok doing them. Not sure how much difference it's going to make though. Still here goes, I will think of your hubby's achievement along with others I have read to keep me going xx

Wow! Your hubby is an inspiration! Send him our congratulations - he's done soooo well with his diet and fitness. That's such a good time for the marathon too - I'm not surprised you're proud!

That's amazing- thank you for sharing his success... after 2 weeks of being really demotivated and fed up this post has made me remember just what can be achieved. He really is an inspiration.

What a true insperation your husband is! How fantastic is he, not only for losing the weight which is a struggle in its self but to also run marathon for cancer research! No wonder your so proud I certainly would be too! What an achievement! This has made my day.... Just wonderful xxxxxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

Back