Very Sad & Tough Emotional Day

Mrsfeeneytobe

Silver Member
Really struggling to not have a binge or hit the booze as I've just found out that a very dear old friend has passed away. The emotions are really hard to fend off without food and a bottle of wine and I really don't know what to do.

Really sorry to put a downer on here but this has hit me like a tonne of bricks and my normal reaction would have been to turn to food and booze to comfort myself and I'm just confused and feeling guilty that I'm worrying about stuffing my face when his family are in bits as am I....really wish I'd been there more form him.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Try to be strong for you xxx

So sorry for your loss.
you've done well to come on here rather than binge as that wouldn't make you feel any better either.
Xxx

Thanks you guys... It's so hard as I feel numb trying to process it all.....then I feel ok...then laugh when I think our fun times together....then sad again which is the exact time when I wanna go hit the vodka with loads of food...I'm feeling very mixed up.....can't help but question why to everything....

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. :(
I doubt your friend would be happy to see you binge though. Keep strong.
I hope this isn't tactless but maybe have a shake in their honour.
x

Hiya,

Don't mean to butt in as its only my first day on here but I felt I need to comment on your post and say I'm so very sorry for your loss and I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you being so upset and undoing all your hard work. Be strong xx

Hi MrsFTB

Very sad to hear your news. I too am having a tough day. I'm not sure you know, but my mum has emphysema and has been ill and in hospital for the last 2 weeks. Last Thursday she was thought to be well enough to come out of hospital on Friday morning. Friday arrived, and she wasn't so well and has got progressively worse over the weekend. Been to Heathrow and back today to collect OH and literally dropped him off at home and set off to the hospital to see her. She is very ill tonight and hardly knew we were there (me, Dad, sister and my son) Over the weekend she had developed pneumonia :(

The reason I tell you this is because I had the same flash of need earlier, made harder as I'm not that far away from refeeding, so even more tempting. My mum has been so proud and supportive of me losing weight each time and especially this time. She wouldn't want me to lose focus now, and I believe your friend wouldn't want you to either.

Be strong luv x x x

Huge thanks to you all for taking the time to reply to my message....really really appreciate the support....feel so bad I had to write something so sad for you all to read, but as some of you understand, things like this can be such triggers as to why we are here in the first place.

managed to refrain from falling off the wagon so far in honour of my friend and hugely thanks to your great and supportive words of encouragement and reminders of why we are here in the first place. I really didn't know I was so much of an emotional eater. It's going to be tough over the next few weeks to stay on the wagon, but I'll keep reading your posts as reminders.

once again, huge thanks, feel really touched by you all xx

Hi MrsFTB

Very sad to hear your news. I too am having a tough day. I'm not sure you know, but my mum has emphysema and has been ill and in hospital for the last 2 weeks. Last Thursday she was thought to be well enough to come out of hospital on Friday morning. Friday arrived, and she wasn't so well and has got progressively worse over the weekend. Been to Heathrow and back today to collect OH and literally dropped him off at home and set off to the hospital to see her. She is very ill tonight and hardly knew we were there (me, Dad, sister and my son) Over the weekend she had developed pneumonia :(

The reason I tell you this is because I had the same flash of need earlier, made harder as I'm not that far away from refeeding, so even more tempting. My mum has been so proud and supportive of me losing weight each time and especially this time. She wouldn't want me to lose focus now, and I believe your friend wouldn't want you to either.

Be strong luv x x x

oh Kay, I really feel for you...feel rather selfish after learning what you're going through. Your mum has every reason to be proud of you as she's raised a kind, selfless, inspirational and strong woman. Keep her proud and don't give up. Totally, totally understand the temptation. Not sure how I could have not fallen off the wagon without the support of people like you whom I've never met but are so understanding. Hugs xxx

Hiya,

Don't mean to butt in as its only my first day on here but I felt I need to comment on your post and say I'm so very sorry for your loss and I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you being so upset and undoing all your hard work. Be strong xx

Not at all butting in....am very touched you took the time to support and encourage me xx

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. :(
I doubt your friend would be happy to see you binge though. Keep strong.
I hope this isn't tactless but maybe have a shake in their honour.
x

Not at all tactless...I'm having all my shakes in his honour today....thank you so much for the kind words xxx

So sorry for your loss.
you've done well to come on here rather than binge as that wouldn't make you feel any better either.
Xxx

The fridge door has been opened a few times, but I instead keep telling myself to come on here....it's a crazy battle...but as you say, I won't feel any better in the long run....huge thanks for the support xx

Really struggling to not have a binge or hit the booze as I've just found out that a very dear old friend has passed away. The emotions are really hard to fend off without food and a bottle of wine and I really don't know what to do.

Really sorry to put a downer on here but this has hit me like a tonne of bricks and my normal reaction would have been to turn to food and booze to comfort myself and I'm just confused and feeling guilty that I'm worrying about stuffing my face when his family are in bits as am I....really wish I'd been there more form him.
Really sorry for your loss:( Your friend would be so proud of you! I dont think I would have had the same strength. xx

Really sorry for your loss:( Your friend would be so proud of you! I dont think I would have had the same strength. xx

Thanks Buttercup....Not sure how I'm doing it either....having this forum to distract me is helping....not sure how long I can hold out...just taking it a day at a time...he would be so proud but equally he is the one who would tempt me into a cocktail with him too xx

Well done for powering through this far doll. You are obviously a very strong woman xx

Well done for powering through this far doll. You are obviously a very strong woman xx

ThanksKathrobs....it's not easy fighting the comfort food demons now they have more ammo....shake at a time...day at a time is my current mantra xx

And that's the only thing you can do chick- I'm doing the same thing and hiding out on here to avoid the temptation! Xx

This forum is an amazing place....I never thought I would be one to share my feelings/thoughts etc online as I am generally a "get on with it person" but I think I would have had a boat load of takeaways round by now in a pit of immense self pity followed by the pathetic torment of berating myself for doing it.....got enough emotional stuff to be getting on with never mind bringing myself down anymore...working hard on being positive today as I owe it to myself and my good friend who is in a better place now :)

shake at a time.....day at a time....thank you fellow Lipotrimmers!

You're stronger than you think Mrs, one day at a time x x x

I'm so proud of people on this forum, it's a great place to be part of and you are a big part of it too!

Back