Very slow weight loss

speckless

Hi,

I've been doing the EE diet since January 8th and have lost a total of 8lb. It has gone up and down within 1lb range. I have a lot to lose about 6 stone and so far I'm 100% on the diet. My consultant has checked my diet sheets and can't find out why I'm not losing.
week before lost 2.5lbs
Last week put on 1lb
This week lost 1/2 lb

We can only work out that I'm not getting enought protein and too much carbs. I'm so good I eat fruit and veg all the time super free with every meal and snack on oranges.

I even checked and weight my chocolate making sure EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN DOWN.

I'm so good but my weight loss is pants! Any advice as I've tried Green plan put on 2-3lb and original would be too difficult for me?

Hi speckless

First of all can I just say that 8lbs is a really good loss, it's actually only 1lb less than what I've lost since the 8th January, and I'm not disappointed at all :confused:

If your consultant has said you're having too many carbs follow her advice and cut down on them. They don't work for me unless I balance them out with lots of meat. If you put on with the green plan then I would agree that it's the carbs causing you problems.

Why would original be too difficult? It's a good plan and there's lots of carb substitutes you can fill your plate with - cauliflower rice, mashed swede (it's been a long time since I followed red only so maybe this is wrong but I'm sure swede is free on red? Can someone confirm:eek:?)

Hi,

I've been doing the EE diet since January 8th and have lost a total of 8lb. It has gone up and down within 1lb range. I have a lot to lose about 6 stone and so far I'm 100% on the diet. My consultant has checked my diet sheets and can't find out why I'm not losing.
week before lost 2.5lbs
Last week put on 1lb
This week lost 1/2 lb

We can only work out that I'm not getting enought protein and too much carbs. I'm so good I eat fruit and veg all the time super free with every meal and snack on oranges.

I even checked and weight my chocolate making sure EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN DOWN.

I'm so good but my weight loss is pants! Any advice as I've tried Green plan put on 2-3lb and original would be too difficult for me?

What's wrong with that? You've lost 8lb in 5 and a half weeks. The average is between 1 and 2lb a week so your ehitting that target. And "a lot" is always going to be relative. ;)

Like Penguin says, if your C says not enough protein and too many carbs then there you go, theres something you can try to fix.

Are you filling up every meal with 1/3 superfree? Are you eating enough syns? Enough food full stop?

If you post a food diary people might be able to advise you where you could change things. :)

Sometimes a picture paints a thousand words

Picture 1 is me & hubby before SW

Picture 2 is me & hubby last week.

Thats what a 'very slow loss' means over a year - less than 1lb a week in fact as an average.

Bluntly, you need to reasess your expectations of the plan & look more long term

Attachments

• image-3682275999.jpg
    image-3682275999.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image-1023702206.jpg
    image-1023702206.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 263
I agree you have done really well to lose 8lbs.

Maybe try stopping pasta and rice for a week. I had a maintain on week 3 and was convinced it was down to those, so tried using more potato and only had brown pasta and rice and got 4lbs on tuesday, so it worked! Ooh also are you having a lot of mullers or yoghurts as snacks? Sometimes you can pack away quite a few cals with those without noticing even though they are free

Good luck for this week, and stick at it. And I do agree maybe try red, as if its your carbs, then you will be limited on carbs on that plan and it will really help you.

Make sure your meals are balanced. Protein will keep.you fuller for longer than carbs will. And cut out processed foods. Eat as natural as you can :)

Although SW promotes being able to eat alot of fruit remember they are also full of carbs and sugar, however they are more natural than pasta etc

Do a search online for fruits and veg that are low in carbs and sugar. I agree on cutting down on Mullerlights if u eat them all the carbs in them are sugars.

Back