Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Very VERY sore throat - nausea -- please help :((

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lostris, 10 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi all,

I've emailed my CDC a few times but she hasn't responded yet; I think she's busy.. so I just wanted to put it here see what you think.

For the past 5 days I've had a very sore throat. Not a little; no.. really really sore. I've had very bad throat infections / tonsil infections in the past and I'm so afraid it's starting out again now.

I haven't taken anything for it yet.. I've also been feeling very nauseous (sp?) and I have been gagging on small sips of water / when I'm trying to swallow.

I really feel terrible but I don't want to ruin my diet.

Please help me, I need to take something for my throat but I don't know what would be less damaging; honey in my tea or throat-pastilles (however u say it in english).

I can't keep going on like this it hurts too much. I feel so tired and sick all day but I know asprin doesn't work for my throat / nausea so I need something that will.

Please help me out.. :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Lostris, I'm no doctor but you sound ill, I would get to your GP if I were you... soluble paracetemol will localise the pain in your throat and try gargling with salt water.

Hope you feel better soon,

Sarah x

4. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi

Thanks for the response. I have no desire for going to the doctors until it turns into a real infection; I know what it looks like and I check in the mirror.. (I know, silly.. but they teach me stuff about throats in school and blah and I;ve seen it a few times before as I've had some throat infections so I'll know.)

If I go to the doctor he will probably tell me I have to get my tonsils removed (had too many infections in throat) or whatever and I can't have that now.

Thanks for the other response but gurgling is probably a no no if I gag on other fluids near the back of my mouth.

I'm looking for a solution which is okay to use in the CD diet to make my throat hurt less.

If it gets really bad I will go to my GP, but I want to prevent it becoming really bad by drinking e.g. tea with honey or whatever else but I need to know what ''home methode'' is the least damaging for this diet.

Thanks

Lostris

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.