Original very very very slow weight loss

newtum

So I started Slimming world around 3.5 weeks ago, have done it to the book all except 4/5 days and have only lost 2.5lbs. I have 2 stone to loose, don't usually have a problem with weight loss, am 46, generally healthy, a few hormonal issues, am not eating all my syns daily, generally have fresh foods, soups and do have my a and b items most days.

Is this very slow weight loss? I don't exercise, but people seem to be able to stuff their faces, do no exercise and lose stones in a month!

So I started Slimming world around 3.5 weeks ago, have done it to the book all except 4/5 days and have only lost 2.5lbs. I have 2 stone to loose, don't usually have a problem with weight loss, am 46, generally healthy, a few hormonal issues, am not eating all my syns daily, generally have fresh foods, soups and do have my a and b items most days. Is this very slow weight loss? I don't exercise, but people seem to be able to stuff their faces, do no exercise and lose stones in a month!

Hi newtum...hard to say why it's so slow...there is a couple of things jumping to mind
1. Are you eating enough...if you restrict your calorie intake too much your body will go into starvation mode...my old consultant always used to say "don't go hungry, the more you eat, the more you lose!"
2. Make sure you have all your hex a and b every day
3. Fill at least 1/3 of your plate with speed foods
4. Try to have most your syns, i tend to lose less if i have no or little syns...seems like my body thinks "something is wrong here, better hold on to what i've got"

That's all i can think of for now...apologies if you already stick to all this!
Maybe post your food diary for a couple if days on here...that would make it easier to see where things might go wrong a bit!

Exactly ^^^^^

So I started Slimming world around 3.5 weeks ago, have done it to the book all except 4/5 days and have only lost 2.5lbs. I have 2 stone to loose, don't usually have a problem with weight loss, am 46, generally healthy, a few hormonal issues, am not eating all my syns daily, generally have fresh foods, soups and do have my a and b items most days.

Is this very slow weight loss? I don't exercise, but people seem to be able to stuff their faces, do no exercise and lose stones in a month!

Depends what they are stuffing their faces with. If it is food which is in the plan, then yes they will lose.

I think the clue to this might be in the words "except 4/5 days". Consistency is the key.

The only think I would add to strawberry's excellent advice is make sure you are drinking enough water

I would keep a food diary and post it on here. Sooo often we are slipping up somewhere and we don't see it. It's so easy to do. Especially when first getting to grips with the plan.

& I would like to back up the 'use your syns' advice - when I don't use my syns properly I never lose as much. The weeks where I feel I've really got the most out of my syns and have had a few naughty things (but in syn allowance) are the weeks i've lost the most. No idea why, but always happens like that.

i have the same problem x very slow loses despite remaining on plan all the time , with the exception of missing the hexa every now and again. i have turned in all my food diaries and have been 100 % honest, My consultant cannot see the problem . I have a lot to lose and it is soooooo frustrating.

We are the same age and my best guess is water retention due to hormonal fluctuations. some weeks i gain for no reason, some i have big losses but i do keep going down, when looked at over a longer period. my plan is to stick with it take the rough with the smooth.

its got to come of at some point xx

I agree, hormonal fluctuations are a bind so it's better to look over a slightly longer time-span and if the trend is down then yay! I tend to lose quite a bit 1st week or 2 then slow down to about 1lb a week. It's fine, I'm happy if it's coming off. The best of luck :).

Thanks for the replies. so my daily eating goes something like this (no ommitting), weetabix and piece of fruit or mullerlite yogurt for breakfast. Either salad with tuna, sweetcorn, tomateoes balsamic vineger and maybe some brown rice for lunch, or home made butternut squash and chilli soup, or jacket potatoe with beans and philadelphia light x 2 35g pots or smoked salmon with cous cous and asparagus. some fruit in the afternoon, a few sugar free boiled sweets, maybe another piece of fruit, then for dinner, either chicken and veg with rice or salmon with peas and new potatoes or home made soup, then I will almost always have one or two glasses of wine, maybe a rich tea or two. Herbal teas, diet drinks (not enough water I agree), and that's it. Very heavy periods over short space of time due to new coil, down 1/4 pound this week, never put on anything, but 3lbs in a month just seems so futile!!

I would think newtum that you are having more syns than you are accounting for. Two glasses of wine a night could add up to around 16 syns a day depending on the size of the glass and the type of wine. Include in your rich teas and boiled sweets and its possible you are using much more than your 15 syns.

I would think newtum that you are having more syns than you are accounting for. Two glasses of wine a night could add up to around 16 syns a day depending on the size of the glass and the type of wine. Include in your rich teas and boiled sweets and its possible you are using much more than your 15 syns.

I agree, that's i thought as well! Make sure you also measure your hex a and b to the gram...a little bit here and there and then a couple of syns over a day adds up to round about 28 syns a week extra!

So i had been measuring out my wine and even if I have two 175ml i'm still within my syn count. I don't have rich tea if I've had wine, as wine takes up all my syns. and the boiled sweets are the sugar free ones. My HEX b is measured and it's usually philadelphia pots or an alpen bar or slice of wholemeal bread so this is why I'm dispondent. seem to be doing things by the book and still very slow. However Easter came and I put on two pounds but I know why that was, Think I'm going to join a group as online doesn't seem to give enough supportl

So i had been measuring out my wine and even if I have two 175ml i'm still within my syn count. I don't have rich tea if I've had wine, as wine takes up all my syns. and the boiled sweets are the sugar free ones. My HEX b is measured and it's usually philadelphia pots or an alpen bar or slice of wholemeal bread so this is why I'm dispondent. seem to be doing things by the book and still very slow. However Easter came and I put on two pounds but I know why that was, Think I'm going to join a group as online doesn't seem to give enough supportl

Sounds like a good plan! The best of luck x

Sugar free sweets have syns so you need to count them as well x

I agree re the on-line support (or lack of). If you are experiencing problems then you can't really beat a face to face chat. Plus, you may get quite a few ideas or solutions from the other members of a group or the consultant.

I really wish you the very best of luck. When you know you are trying your absolute best and nothing, or very little is happening, it does make you feel really despondent and, maybe, tempted to throw the towel in. Keep posting on here, even if it's just for a good, old moan and we'll all do our best to support you. Good luck. :)

Kathy x

So I'm still struggling, though weight loss has been a bit quicker the last few weeks, but to help those with the same problem, not many responses came up with the 'real' reason my weight loss was slow which according to someone who emailed me from Slimming World after seeing my diary, the only thing I was doing wrong was not having enough speed foods in a day. So I did only speed food for a while which worked, but has now slowed down again. So I'm also changing from online to group membership which I think will make a difference as well.

Hi Newtum I've had slow weight loss since joining again I do wonder if it ee but there are ladies in my group losing 3lb/4lb every week it's taking me 9 to lose 9 1/2 have you thought about doing red and green days? It's very frustrating I know but if we give up where would we be then? Good luck an maybe group will help as you get to know things better an if anything changes someone in the group normally knows

Back